Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA League Top 20s" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dane Dunning underwent TJ surgery and will be lost until mid-next year.

Comment

Did anyone PM or email RHD — or hire a mariachi band — to woo him back for another go?

P.S. Whenever you come back, RHD, it will be fun to swap ideas. I give you credit for calling Hampson way earlier than anyone I follow. Eager to hear your thoughts on some new players.

Comment

This was one of the highlights of the pre-draft season. RHD's list. Oh well - hope he's ok and like someone said earlier - thankful for the years we had them.

Comment

Victor Victor Mesa made the list as 150. Miami signed him last October for 5.25 mil. He is 22 and from what I read has good speed and defense, projected to have a decent BA but not much power. What is your take on him?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            Victor Victor Mesa made the list as 150. Miami signed him last October for 5.25 mil. He is 22 and from what I read has good speed and defense, projected to have a decent BA but not much power. What is your take on him?
            Hard to get a good read with the lack of info from Cuba. Miami made several manoeuvres to get into a position with international money where they could sign in him. They are obviously high on him. He was being fast tracked with an invite to ST but had an unfortunate injury that derailed that plan. He apparently has fully recovered and back in action again.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
              Hard to get a good read with the lack of info from Cuba. Miami made several manoeuvres to get into a position with international money where they could sign in him. They are obviously high on him. He was being fast tracked with an invite to ST but had an unfortunate injury that derailed that plan. He apparently has fully recovered and back in action again.
              Same here. On Rotowire they had him listed pretty high up, HQ didn't have a rating because he was signed after they put out the 2019 prospect list.

UPDATE: I was looking more on-line and did find this article:

https://www.prospectslive.com/featur...-victor-victor

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                Same here. On Rotowire they had him listed pretty high up, HQ didn't have a rating because he was signed after they put out the 2019 prospect list.

UPDATE: I was looking more on-line and did find this article:

https://www.prospectslive.com/featur...-victor-victor
                Thanks....great article. I have the 12th and 18th minor league NL only pick in an established league. I'm hoping he might slip to 12th and won't count on him being available at 18.

Comment

Jon DuPlantier gets the call, but he’s expected to work out of the pen.

Comment

Hunter Greene TJ surgery

Comment

Too bad about Greene. He looked very promising.

Comment

Luis Robert is slashing .475/.512/1.025, 5 HR in 43 PA. Why is he still in A ball? I know he strikes out and never walks, but why?

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Luis Robert is slashing .475/.512/1.025, 5 HR in 43 PA. Why is he still in A ball? I know he strikes out and never walks, but why?

J
                          Maybe because he didn't do that great last year and he's only excelled for 43 PA ?
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Maybe because he didn't do that great last year and he's only excelled for 43 PA ?
                            He was injured last year. Also, he did this in AFL, .367/.432/.324 and preseason .313/.313/.813 against much better pitching then he is seeing now.

In A+ ball, his ISO is .550. He has more extra base hits than singles.

J
                            Last edited by onejayhawk; 04-14-2019, 09:07 PM.
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              He was injured last year. Also, he did this in preseason.

His ISO is .550. He has more extra base hits than singles.

J
                              You asked a question and I gave you a reasonable answer. I'm sure if he keeps hitting he will get promoted, usually it takes more than 10 games though !
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

so if a lazy poster had a 2-round farmhand draft tomorrow, where probably the first 40-50 names on any prospect list are already taken (well, the relevant NL ones), whose stock has improved since the preseason to be worth a possible flier?

prospects are 5-S2 until after they lose rookie eligibility, then 5-S1 and then 5-O or 10-L2 and an option for 15-L1 if he pans out

asking for a friend
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X