Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA League Top 20s" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's not much of a prospect, 25 years old and in AA after six years in pro ball, and he's been switched from being a starter to a reliever back to a starter a few times... but this is a real nice run for Daniel McGrath over the last month: https://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.asp...eason=&type=-1
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Anyone know what happened to rhd? Hope he’s ok and just had other commitments / priorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Anyone know what happened to rhd? Hope he’s ok and just had other commitments / priorities.
        He's still around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Anyone know what happened to rhd? Hope he’s ok and just had other commitments / priorities.
          I'm fine, thanx for asking. I've been meaning to resume the lists again, just havent gotten around to it. I had a computer failure and need to get my data off my old disk but just havent done it yet. I hope to post a new list sometime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            I hope to post a new list sometime soon.
            Wow, best news of the month!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Wow, best news of the month!
              I agree. We had all gotten so used to rhd doing this, I think we took it for granted. I am grateful if a new list is posted. Always appreciate your takes on prospects, rhd.

Comment

I'm fine, thanx for asking. I've been meaning to resume the lists again, just havent gotten around to it. I had a computer failure and need to get my data off my old disk but just havent done it yet. I hope to post a new list sometime soon.
                I know it's a lot of work, even without computer issues, and we thank you very much for the hard work you put into your prospect list. I personally love it.

Comment

List or no list makes no difference. Your insight is always welcome here RHD. Glad to hear that all is well.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What's the latest on Kolby Allard. FG says his velocity is up a bit and he's not getting killed in the bigs.
                    Also Geraldo Perdomo.

J
                    Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-05-2019, 12:29 PM.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      What's the latest on Kolby Allard. FG says his velocity is up a bit and he's not getting killed in the bigs.
                      Also Geraldo Perdomo.

J
                      I just checked Allard's velo on FG and it's up significantly for some reason. I used to think he had middle-of-rotation potential before sites started downgrading him about a couple years ago. Now, he looks like he maybe could be a solid #4. He'll graduate before I do my next list, but I would have kept him on somewhere, maybe about where he was.

Re: Perdomo, I wasnt aware of him until this year. FG has him at #97 currently but I dont know of any other list that has him. BA's report projects him as a limited-ceiling, high floor type. He has a good number of SBs but BA says his speed is only around average. BA seems to be split on him, as they moved him down from the D-Backs #5 prospect to their #12, yet they list him among their overall 24 breakout prospects. I dont think he would make my list rt now.

Comment

• Any insight into Dustin Fowler OAK Of? I picked him up in my reserve rounds and thought he had a good chance of a callup and regular playing time this year, but it was not the case. He had a decent year in Las Vegas but not sure if he will get called up once the AAA playoffs are over.

Is he looking more like a career minor league player, or does he have a chance next yr?

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                          Any insight into Dustin Fowler OAK Of? I picked him up in my reserve rounds and thought he had a good chance of a callup and regular playing time this year, but it was not the case. He had a decent year in Las Vegas but not sure if he will get called up once the AAA playoffs are over.

Is he looking more like a career minor league player, or does he have a chance next yr?
                          Thanx for the response, cleo.

Yeah, it's not a good sign when a 25 y/o minor leaguer that already has exhausted his rookie status isnt even called up in September. I actually forgot that this question was pending until Kyle Glaser of BA mentioned him in his chat today. I would have said he is likely to be no more than a 4th or 5th OFer, but Glaser said that Fowler still has a chance at being an everyday MLB player but probably not w a 1st-division team like the A's.

Comment

Thanx for the response, cleo.

Yeah, it's not a good sign when a 25 y/o minor leaguer that already has exhausted his rookie status isnt even called up in September. I actually forgot that this question was pending until Kyle Glaser of BA mentioned him in his chat today. I would have said he is likely to be no more than a 4th or 5th OFer, but Glaser said that Fowler still has a chance at being an everyday MLB player but probably not w a 1st-division team like the A's.
                            He feels very AAAA to me, although there have been several of those types who break through and produce for short periods of time.

Comment

• thanks for the good feedback from you both. I had traded him in a deal last week as a throw in. So now he will probably make the team next year and have 15 hr and 25 sb..... lol

Comment

• Going into next year, in my minors I have

Luzardo
                                Pearson
                                Manning
                                S Sanchez

Any chance I get 2 reliable starting pitchers out of this for next year?
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X