Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA League Top 20s" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one of the Jays' local blogs put Kevin Smith at #17 of Jays prospects earlier this month. He's still a work in progress - & he's 23; you can do better.

If interested: Toronto Blue Jays 2020 Top Prospects: #17 Kevin Smith
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Even though I was leaning that way it's nice to hear that I am not off base from most opinions.
      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• Sorry that I haven't posted here in a while or responded to questions. For several weeks now, I've been unable to post anything on this site or send msgs using Chrome or Firefox. Today I find that I can post using Microsoft Edge. I still plan to resume posting my lists, if I ever get around to recovering my data from my defunct laptop. Hopefully I'll have a new list by opening day.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Sorry that I haven't posted here in a while or responded to questions. For several weeks now, I've been unable to post anything on this site or send msgs using Chrome or Firefox. Today I find that I can post using Microsoft Edge. I still plan to resume posting my lists, if I ever get around to recovering my data from my defunct laptop. Hopefully I'll have a new list by opening day.
          Sorry to hear about your troubles, but gladdened that you plan on being back with a great recourse. Thanks a bunch for the years past, and those to come as well.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Sorry that I haven't posted here in a while or responded to questions. For several weeks now, I've been unable to post anything on this site or send msgs using Chrome or Firefox. Today I find that I can post using Microsoft Edge. I still plan to resume posting my lists, if I ever get around to recovering my data from my defunct laptop. Hopefully I'll have a new list by opening day.
            Yay! I look forward to it. Weird about Chrome. That is what I use.

Comment

• so while we have a "Parallel Universe" redraft season for 2020 with all 12 owners, in our Rotisserie League 2020 does not exist.

so my first-overall pick in the farm draft - my maiden voyage at that slot after 34 previous years of these - that was supposed to happen in April now doesn't occur until next spring.

most of the obvious NL suspects - er, prospects - are not available. I had decided to take Luciano over Howard; they were my consensus top two options.

but now there's a wrinkle, as I'll have the option of selecting a recent June pick instead (our annual June draft was canceled as well).

are any of the NL June picks more appealing than Luciano?
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                so while we have a "Parallel Universe" redraft season for 2020 with all 12 owners, in our Rotisserie League 2020 does not exist.

so my first-overall pick in the farm draft - my maiden voyage at that slot after 34 previous years of these - that was supposed to happen in April now doesn't occur until next spring.

most of the obvious NL suspects - er, prospects - are not available. I had decided to take Luciano over Howard; they were my consensus top two options.

but now there's a wrinkle, as I'll have the option of selecting a recent June pick instead (our annual June draft was canceled as well).

are any of the NL June picks more appealing than Luciano?
                Luciano sounds good to me. I dont think there's any NL draftees this year that I'd prefer. The top guys probably would be Zac Veen and Nick Gonzales but I think I'd rather have Luciano.

Comment

Luciano sounds good to me. I dont think there's any NL draftees this year that I'd prefer. The top guys probably would be Zac Veen and Nick Gonzales but I think I'd rather have Luciano.
                  I agree. Luciano has a chance to be special.

Comment

• thanks, guys.

back in February, a very savvy "prospector" in my league who is usually impossible to deal with was offering multiple picks for the No. 1 - including two June picks which in a normal year come in order of the June 15 standings. If I had 3 June picks entering the season, I might be able to go hogwild out of the June selections list.

but the fact that he was being so "generous" made me suspicious - he never wants to give even 85 cents on the dollar.

I told him no, I feel "Lucky" with my likely choice.

eventually he admitted that yes, he knows I'm talking about Luciano.

I also pick 13th and 19th, and with the one-time-only bonus of a crop of June picks in the April 2021 mix, the added depth should really help.

generally by 19th, there's nothing left but table scraps.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• You may want to look long and hard into Zac Veen as a possible alternative. Big powerful and smooth LH bat in the middle of a Rockies lineup has major appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Going into next year, in my minors I have

Luzardo
                        Pearson
                        Manning
                        S Sanchez

Any chance I get 2 reliable starting pitchers out of this for next year?
                        So I've still got the above, and I've added Spencer Howard and have Lamet on my team right now. What are my chances for 3 reliable starters for 2021?
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          So I've still got the above, and I've added Spencer Howard and have Lamet on my team right now. What are my chances for 3 reliable starters for 2021?
                          Chances seem good. Young SP is the hardest position to project, but those are higher end names you collected, so I think going 3/6 is a possibility.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I miss these. It was a right of spring. RHD clued me to Christian Yelich years before anyone cared if he looked like Paul Sporer.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              I miss these. It was a right of spring. RHD clued me to Christian Yelich years before anyone cared if he looked like Paul Sporer.

J
                              They will return at some point!

Comment

• In my AL only, I added Josh Jung, Greg Jones, and Sherten Apostel (cornered the market on Rangers 3B prospects apparently).
                                In my NL only, I added Brennen Davis and Kody Hoese.

In both cases, guys I really wanted went 1-2 picks ahead of me. Oh well.

RHD, any thoughts on these guys?

Comment

Working...
                                X