Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA League Top 20s" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RHD, I notice you have Corbin Martin on the list, and I like where he is at. I'm curious where you have Cionel Perez. He seems right there with Martin in Houston's system to me.

A few others I'm curious about: Ryan McKenna, Brandon Lowe, and Eric Pardinho.

Comment

Every non-pitcher in your top 20 is held except Wander Franco (not surprising). The next gap is Luzardo followed by Gore. The next non-pitcher is Jesus Sanchez.

Based significantly on your lists giving me a leg up, I own the following in a 16 team keeper league. Which do you like best just for 2019?

5 Victor Robles OF Was 3 8
      9 Jo (Jordon) Adell OF LAA 16 25
      10 Brendan Rodgers SS Col 5 15
      16 Taylor Trammell OF Cin 1 17
      19 Austin Riley 3B Atl 0 19
      21 Luis Robert OF CHW 3 24

Thanks for all the good work.

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-01-2018, 12:17 PM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

What is the outlook for Alex Verdugo next year? Will he be playing full time?

Comment

I picked up Myles Straw based on your ranking. His bat will probably limit him to 4th OF status in real-life but 20 SBs has fantasy value in daily leagues, especially in dynasty formats with large benches.

If Straw can find some playing time in Houston's crowded OF, I think Craig Gentry would be a reasonable comp. Gentry wasn't a regular but he was a fantasy asset for a few years with SBs and decent OBP. There's obvious downside in tying up an OF slot with a one or two category contributor but SBs are tough to come by.

Comment

looking ahead to next season in RJEL now that I've locked up the first pick in the minor league draft - here are what I think are the top guys available. any opinion on (a) who I should consider of these and (b) how much gap there is between them (i.e. how much I would care about trading down)? Strong preference for the best available player, don't care at all about how far away they are.

Chris Paddack
            Cavan Biggio
            Nathaniel Lowe
            Mitch White
            Vidal Brujan

and anyone from the 2018 draft (Mize, Madrigal, Kelenic, Gorman, etc.)
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Kelenic

Comment

I didn't see Joey Bart? Is he on there and I am not seeing or is it bc you don't like catchers much in fantasy?

Comment

specifically RJEL is a one-catcher league and unless he's going to be a Posey-level star it's not worth getting into. The top-end guys like Gattis and Realmuto went for 11-14 this past year. In a two-catcher league I'd be all over him.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Your #150 (Victor)2 Mesa seems to be signing with Miami. Where is that going to put him?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

re Cavan Biggio, who we talked about earlier in the thread, from Keith Law at the AFL:

Cavan Biggio is also here, but he has looked even worse than he did in the second half of 2018, to the point that he appears to barely be a major league prospect. He has no position at all. He misplayed a routine grounder at first that cost Pearson at least one out and probably two runs and had an awful read on a line drive to him in right field in a different game. He doesn't have the speed or athleticism to obviously profile anywhere. He drew a slew of walks this season, but it's because he's passive, not because he's disciplined; I saw him strike out looking four times this week, always on pitches that were clearly strikes, at least two of them fastballs from right-handers that he should have seen better than he did. I know his superficial line this year has some fans thinking he's a future regular, but I see an up-and-down guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        re Cavan Biggio, who we talked about earlier in the thread, from Keith Law at the AFL:
                        Thanks for this snippet! I was leery about passivity versus waiting for your pitch, so this is instructive.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

RHD - I always enjoy reading updates to your list and the follow on discussion. Is there an updated list planned ?
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            RHD - I always enjoy reading updates to your list and the follow on discussion. Is there an updated list planned ?
                            Yes, there should be an update soon. I apologize for not responding to questions this time. Computer problems have affected things.

Comment

Do you have any words on Yusei Kikuchi? He looks intriguing.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                Do you have any words on Yusei Kikuchi? He looks intriguing.

J
                                I have Kikuchi already in one of my leagues. My expectations are relatively modest, like a solid #4 starter. Every scouting report I've seen projects him as a mid-rotation SP. He reportedly is very polished but his FB is only 91-93 so wont be a big strikeout guy but should get his share. I just hope he doesnt get injured like Ohtani did (did you know they both went to the same high school? But not at the same time.).

Comment

Working...
                                X