Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA League Top 20s" Version)

It's a high starting point for Vidal Brujan but a hitting MIF with 60+ speed would be very valuable in fantasy.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I like the aggressive ranking on Kiriloff, but that is probably because he is the only prosect of merit I managed to hang on to as I went all in to repeat. Hurts to see how highly ranked the guys I gave are but flags fly forever and all. Still, I've never traded so many great minor leaguers before. We have 20 man rosters and I'm traded 16 of my guys, listed below. It just snowballed once I started parting with them.

I traded Eloy Jimenez, Kyle Tucker, Forrest Whitley, Jesus Luzardo, Nick Senzel, Yordan Alvarez, Taylor Trammel, Mike Soroka, Carter Kieboom, Triston McKenzie, Willie Calhoun, Franklin Perez, Bryce Wilson, Leody Taveras, Brent Rooker, and Austin Beck, all the year.
    I traded Kiriloff to a rebuilder for his $58 Stanton to make my push for the title. I heard a little negative feedback on that one.

He is going to be a monster.

I couldn't give away Franklin Perez...for anything.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl View Post
    He's only 15 months younger. And he has a way worse walk rate. But he does seem to have more scout cred; I think I've heard that Biggio isn't much of a fielder.
    on this, from the Fangraphs prospect guy talking about the Arizona Fall League:

Blue Jays 2B Cavan Biggio is listed on the roster as an outfielder. Part of the reason we’ve been reluctant to buy heavily into Biggio is that reports on his defense at second base are bad, and this roster distinction seems to corroborate that.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I traded Kiriloff to a rebuilder for his $58 Stanton to make my push for the title. I heard a little negative feedback on that one.

He is going to be a monster.

I couldn't give away Franklin Perez...for anything.
    I still like Perez, but starting off hurt seems to have hurt his stock a lot. But since you still have him, I'd hold him to see what he does next year. He is still young and has talent.

He was a secondary piece in a larger deal. I traded Eloy, Carter Kieboom, and Perez for Bauer and Myers for the title push. Bauers gettiing hurt really makes me second guess that deal, but I do have him at a good price for next year too, so even if he doesn't come back in time to help me this year, there is that.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-31-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Sorry I haven't responded to posts here yet. I'm having computer problems. Will take a few days to be fully back online. I'll respond then.

RHD, I notice you have Corbin Martin on the list, and I like where he is at. I'm curious where you have Cionel Perez. He seems right there with Martin in Houston's system to me.

A few others I'm curious about: Ryan McKenna, Brandon Lowe, and Eric Pardinho.

Every non-pitcher in your top 20 is held except Wander Franco (not surprising). The next gap is Luzardo followed by Gore. The next non-pitcher is Jesus Sanchez.

Based significantly on your lists giving me a leg up, I own the following in a 16 team keeper league. Which do you like best just for 2019?

5 Victor Robles OF Was 3 8
    9 Jo (Jordon) Adell OF LAA 16 25
    10 Brendan Rodgers SS Col 5 15
    16 Taylor Trammell OF Cin 1 17
    19 Austin Riley 3B Atl 0 19
    21 Luis Robert OF CHW 3 24

Thanks for all the good work.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-01-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

What is the outlook for Alex Verdugo next year? Will he be playing full time?

I picked up Myles Straw based on your ranking. His bat will probably limit him to 4th OF status in real-life but 20 SBs has fantasy value in daily leagues, especially in dynasty formats with large benches.

If Straw can find some playing time in Houston's crowded OF, I think Craig Gentry would be a reasonable comp. Gentry wasn't a regular but he was a fantasy asset for a few years with SBs and decent OBP. There's obvious downside in tying up an OF slot with a one or two category contributor but SBs are tough to come by.

Journeyman
    looking ahead to next season in RJEL now that I've locked up the first pick in the minor league draft - here are what I think are the top guys available. any opinion on (a) who I should consider of these and (b) how much gap there is between them (i.e. how much I would care about trading down)? Strong preference for the best available player, don't care at all about how far away they are.

Chris Paddack
    Cavan Biggio
    Nathaniel Lowe
    Mitch White
    Vidal Brujan

and anyone from the 2018 draft (Mize, Madrigal, Kelenic, Gorman, etc.)
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.