No announcement yet.

Tight race anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, the never-won guy often is competitive, finishing 2nd at least 3 or 4 times. me sending him farmhands Albies, Acuna, and Buehler last year in a pair of trades seems to have done the trick!

the other guy was an absolute beast -four titles in a 9-year reign of terror and 9 money finishes.

then one year he showed up at the auction, and left 22 units on the table and finished last. he has rarely contended since.

he's a pretty quiet guy, so I doubt anyone even asked him, "What the hell happened?"
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
      A Rizzo Hr locks up rjel for Rick and Hader getting the save basically ends the NL. Man this one sucks.
      Pendulum swung in my favor with game 162. You fought awesome all season and as much as we believe this is a skill game luck played a big role these past few days. Long live Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
        Pendulum swung in my favor with game 162. You fought awesome all season and as much as we believe this is a skill game luck played a big role these past few days. Long live Thor.
        RJEL played out

163 Rick
        161 me - Lost the half point on HR's on the tiebreaker day. Just didn't have it in the end.

12TO

107.5 Rob

This one was harder to take as I had mutliple chances for it to go the other way and it just didn't. Vazquez got the extra inning save that took me from winning on tiebreakers to losing. Then the Brewers used Hader for 2 innings instead of letting Jeffress get the save. I really thought I was going to win this one. In the end two seconds and a fifth. It looked a lot better about a month ago but still fun.

Comment

As the OP I figured I should update

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
          I've never been in a race this tight. AL only 12 team 6x6.
          I think it might be decided by which DL guys come back and produce

Standings (DL guys)
          1st 105.5 (Hicks, DeShields, LoMo, Bauer) FINISHED FIRST WITH 115.5
          2nd 105 (Abreu, E Rod, Sale FINISHED THIRD WITH 102.5
          3rd 104 (Trout, Solarte) FINISHED FOURTH WITH 101
          *4th 103.5 (Donaldson, McCann, Trumbo, Chapman, Stroman, Joyce) I PULLED OFF SECOND WITH 107.5
          5th 103 (McCullers, A. Sanchez, Skaggs) DROPPED TO SIXTH AS I BELIEVE HE TANKED TO GET THE FIRST MINOR LEAGUE PICK RATHER THAN THE SMALL CASH PRIZE.

*I'm in 4th

So many tight categories.
          Winner had the strongest team, I'm happy with 2nd!
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
            I did like the avatar change there too! Congrats!
            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Yeah - Thor’s Hammer as my RJEL avatar will stay up for 2019 as his CGSO was beyond huge for me.

Comment

Working...
              X