Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #9 Pick: Who do I take?

12 team league.

Passing TDs are 6 points but INTs are negative 3 which reduces that impact a bit. PPR as well. We START 2 QBs, so QBs are definitely important, although it feels like the QB pool is a little deeper this year.

Trying to figure out who to draft at 9. Based on looking at some past drafts, I'm guessing that the top 6 are (in no specific order):

Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Gurley, Bell, Antonio Brown. #7 suggested that if those were the top 6, he would probably take David Johnson. #8 has taken a QB in the first round every year since we've gone to 2 QBs, so I'm guessing he'll go Deshaun Watson (maybe someone else, but probably a QB - just a hunch).

If it breaks out the way that I'm thinking, who would you suggest I draft first?

I've narrowed it down (I think) to Kamara, Elliott, OBJ or Hopkins. I think I would rather pass on the QB and then grab a Rivers or Big Ben type in round 2, but I could be persuaded otherwise.

Any thoughts? Does your thought process change if Johnson, Watson or Antonio Brown slip to me at 9?

I would take Zeke or Kamara if it goes as you predict. I see the RB cliff as much more severe than WR and QB and would probably just take whoever you think is the best RB on the board when you pick and then probably have to look hard at QB in round 2.

Comment

I'd take Johnson, then Brown, then Elliott, then Kamara, then Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        I'd take Johnson, then Brown, then Elliott, then Kamara, then Hopkins.
        I agree with this. Assuming you take an RB in R1, then I'd target a QB in R2

Comment

Wow, even in a 2 QB league, that's a shit ton of QBs going in the top half of Rd 1.

I'd go:
          Elliott -- they will be feeding him fast and furious
          Johnson
          Brown
          Kamara
          Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Wow, even in a 2 QB league, that's a shit ton of QBs going in the top half of Rd 1.

I'd go:
            Elliott -- they will be feeding him fast and furious
            Johnson
            Brown
            Kamara
            Hopkins
            Last year, 6 QBs when in the first round, and everyone took a QB in the second round except for the auto drafter.

Thanks for the input, people.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              Last year, 6 QBs when in the first round, and everyone took a QB in the second round except for the auto drafter.

Thanks for the input, people.
              So the last team picking in the 2nd round chose to select the 17th best QB over the 8th best RB/WR? That seems ridiculous.

I'm curious when the ~24th QB went off the board? Because I cannot imagine he was significantly worse than the 17th, and at that point all teams had at least 2 QB so demand was low.

Fantasy owners always forget that it's not the stats of the player that you are picking but the stats of that player relative to the one you can get much later in the draft. It's that delta that is relevant. And for the 17th best QB that delta is not very significant. To burn a 2nd round pick on that is so strange to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                So the last team picking in the 2nd round chose to select the 17th best QB over the 8th best RB/WR? That seems ridiculous.

I'm curious when the ~24th QB went off the board? Because I cannot imagine he was significantly worse than the 17th, and at that point all teams had at least 2 QB so demand was low.

Fantasy owners always forget that it's not the stats of the player that you are picking but the stats of that player relative to the one you can get much later in the draft. It's that delta that is relevant. And for the 17th best QB that delta is not very significant. To burn a 2nd round pick on that is so strange to me.
                Looking at last year, there were only 6 more QBs taken in rounds 3-7 with number 24 taken in the 8th. For my part, I took Rivers in the 2nd (he was the 15th QB taken). I then cobbled together QBs after that. Which ended up 1st in the regular season but lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                X