Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    How does a carry permit work?
    I can walk around like Robocop if I wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I can walk around like Robocop if I wanted to.
      So you can walk around with it on your hip like a cowboy?!

Can you still then conceal it if you want to? Holster under your jacket?

Comment

So you can walk around with it on your hip like a cowboy?!

Can you still then conceal it if you want to? Holster under your jacket?
        Yes, I can walk around with it in public. Cannot conceal it though. I've only seen one person walking around with a holstered gun, in a Lowe's in Easton PA a couple of months ago. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Yes, I can walk around with it in public. Cannot conceal it though. I've only seen one person walking around with a holstered gun, in a Lowe's in Easton PA a couple of months ago. Weird.
          I was at a tabletop gaming event in Louisville, KY where a guy open carried at the event while playing against kids as young as 7. I found it highly offputting, but it was legal and no one said anything to him. Most there were part of a community of heroscapers and had done many events, and it disrupted the typical atmosphere of the family event to have this lone guy open carrying at it. If he carried everywhere to feel safe, I wish he had a concealed carry permit, but I do not know if that was even a thing in KY back then. If his goal was to throw off the kids he was playing, mission accomplished. If I had my kids back then, I think I would have bowed out of the event, as he was someone no one at the tournament knew.

Comment

• I've encountered a few people openly carrying, the most jarring being a guy at the park with his young daughter. I was with my two young daughters when he arrived and we quickly left.
            Last edited by DMT; 08-25-2020, 12:13 PM.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Just to be clear, even though I'm licensed to walk around with it in public, I would never ever do so. Unless we get invaded.

Comment

• It seems more creepy and dangerous to carry in the open over concealed. I am not sure there is good logic in these feelings and thoughts.

If I was with my young kids at an event, and a person walked in with a gun on their hip, I am not truly sure what I would do, but first thought is I would leave.

The second thought is I would have to practice my fast draw and that doesn't quite sit right either.

Comment

• as a non-american I find this one of the more bizarre things about your country (there are many) - that it's legal in many states to carry a gun in a holster while walking down the street or going into a McDonalds ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Hmmm...interesting. I'd rather see an open carry than guess if they're carrying concealed. You can tell a lot about the gun owner based on holster type/make, gun type/make and their behavior while carrying open. I'm inclined not to worry about someone who's carrying a Sig Sauer P series with a competent holster, while I might follow Gregg out if someone's trying to do a Dirty Harry impersonation.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Hmmm...interesting. I'd rather see an open carry than guess if they're carrying concealed. You can tell a lot about the gun owner based on holster type/make, gun type/make and their behavior while carrying open. I'm inclined not to worry about someone who's carrying a Sig Sauer P series with a competent holster, while I might follow Gregg out if someone's trying to do a Dirty Harry impersonation.
                      I couldn't tell a thing other than that this person feels the need to carry a weapon to McDonalds.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        I couldn't tell a thing other than that this person feels the need to carry a weapon to McDonalds.
                        Maybe he is trying to apprehend the Hamburglar ?
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It seems more creepy and dangerous to carry in the open over concealed. I am not sure there is good logic in these feelings and thoughts.

If I was with my young kids at an event, and a person walked in with a gun on their hip, I am not truly sure what I would do, but first thought is I would leave.

The second thought is I would have to practice my fast draw and that doesn't quite sit right either.
                          Five percent of Texans have an active concealed carry license, so I always assume someone else is packing wherever I go. Not that I actively think about it.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• .. and all of this is allowed just in case there is a corrupt government that needs to be overthrown ...
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Hmmm...interesting. I'd rather see an open carry than guess if they're carrying concealed. You can tell a lot about the gun owner based on holster type/make, gun type/make and their behavior while carrying open. I'm inclined not to worry about someone who's carrying a Sig Sauer P series with a competent holster, while I might follow Gregg out if someone's trying to do a Dirty Harry impersonation.
                              Is that the same thing as some guy compensating with a really expensive car? Cuz you know, if you REALLY want to impress me--open carry, well that's illegal except at some pools in Vegas and a few beaches in the Caribbean.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                .. and all of this is allowed just in case there is a corrupt government that needs to be overthrown ...
                                Yeah we've recently seen how THAT'S not the real reason.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X