Why do convicts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    About 35% of those abused become abusers.

While your statement has some appeal. You would be giving a death sentence to about a third of the victims of this terrible crime.
    Not only that, but you yourself would then be a cold blooded murderer and, if we play this game out with those rules, someone else would have no problem killing murderers. Rince, repeat. Aren't slippery slopes fun?

Weeeee, here we go anarchy. That just sounds GREAT. (Sarcasm in case you can't tell).

Comment

About 35% of those abused become abusers.

While your statement has some appeal. You would be giving a death sentence to about a third of the victims of this terrible crime.
      I'm breaking the chain
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        I'm breaking the chain
        By that logic we could easily clean up the some other problems.

Any dealer that has Fentanyl or heroine with intent to sell is executed on the spot. Approximately 72,000 overdose deaths in 2017 how many could have been avoided.

Any known gangs that use murder as an initiation get's shot on sight. All of them, in that type of gang you die.

Greater good yada yada yada right?

Comment

By that logic we could easily clean up the some other problems.

Any dealer that has Fentanyl or heroine with intent to sell is executed on the spot. Approximately 72,000 overdose deaths in 2017 how many could have been avoided.

Any known gangs that use murder as an initiation get's shot on sight. All of them, in that type of gang you die.

Greater good yada yada yada right?
          So getting rid of all of those scum is a bad thing?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            So getting rid of all of those scum is a bad thing?
            You realize that's a slippery slope right? One where you get your hand cut off for being *accused* of stealing a candy bar?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              You realize that's a slippery slope right? One where you get your hand cut off for being *accused* of stealing a candy bar?
              Sure. But why bring "accused" into it? How about after conviction?
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Sure. But why bring "accused" into it? How about after conviction?
                You understand that vigilante justice has no "convictions" required, right? It's just one person deciding on their own who gets to live and die.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I should have said thatI meant getting rid of the scum in a legal way. Once convicted of a heinous crime. you die.

Comment

Hey we have moved onto a sub topic-

Do you believe in capital punishment? If yes, where is that line drawn? Can judges decide? Can juries decide?

Just throwing the question out there

Comment

I should have said thatI meant getting rid of the scum in a legal way. Once convicted of a heinous crime. you die.
                      How do you feel about those people who have their convictions overturned once witnesses recant or new evidence absolves them?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        How do you feel about those people who have their convictions overturned once witnesses recant or new evidence absolves them?
                        Good question.

Has anyone ever been executed and then it was found out that they were innocent? I have no idea.

So instead of execution they get solitary or some other exponentially tougher life in prison.

Comment

Has anyone ever been executed and then it was found out that they were innocent? I have no idea.
                          Yes.

The Death Penalty Information Center is a non-profit organization serving the media and the public with analysis and information about capital punishment.…

By Alexis Garrett Stodghill The execution of Troy Davis in Georgia last week despite tremendous doubt about his guilt has brought the issue of capital punishment into the national spotlight. As a c…

Carlos DeLuna was put to death in December 1989 for a murder in Corpus Christi. But he didn't commit the crime. Today, his case reminds us of the glaring flaws of capital punishment.

Comment

Good question.

So instead of execution they get solitary or some other exponentially tougher life in prison.
                            And plenty who were on death row were later exonerated.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm probably not going to kill any child molesters unless I catch them in the act
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

So you are in favor of conceal and carry?

Comment

Working...
                                X