Melo presumably signing with Rockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melo presumably signing with Rockets

After losing Ariza and Mbah-a-Moute, I get why the Rockets would take a shot on him, but I still think they've lost more with Ariza and Mbah a Moute than they've gained in Anthony and Ennis. If I were them, I'd let Melo lead the bench corps and start Ennis/Tucker, but I also presume they won't really want to play Anthony and Anderson together in the front court.

Yeah, the Rockets will really miss the defensive versatility of Ariza and LRMAM, and certainly won't get that from Carmelo. I think the Rockets will go for a starting lineup of Paul/Harden/Carmelo/Tucker/Capela, with Gordon/Ennis/Green and Michael Carter-Williams as rotation players. Maybe rookie De'Anthony Melton can help defensively.

But based on his play down the stretch last season, I don't see Anderson as part of their rotation. And his contract makes him almost untradeable. There has been some talk of an Anderson/Kent Bazemore trade, but the Hawks would probably need to get a 1st Round pick and a young player like Melton to make it worthwhile for them.

Comment

Working...
    X