Prostate Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a smooth recovery.

The recovery process from serious surgeries can be tough - there will be good days and bad days but overall the graph will be up and healing - so dont let a few bad days in row get you down too much, overall it gets better.
    Do every rehab and Dr suggestion/requirement they tell you to do.

and you get MLB tv to watch games all summer

Comment

yeah, what they said!!!
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Best wishes for the surgery and recovery. My prayers are with you Griz.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

warm thoughts and prayers to you griz
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
            An update on my situation......

So, they checked my PSA again and it went from 10 to 12.5.

All of the doctors (my urologist, the Cleveland Clinic surgeon) all agreed that it was time to get my prostate removed.

So, surgery is planned for June 17.

Actually, I'll be glad to get it out and not have to worry about it anymore.

Hey, just my operation....

Gris
            Thoughts are with you, my friend.
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Good thoughts are with you Gris, You and your surgeon have this well in hand. Like Swampy said, the recovery can be 2 steps forward, one back...my only advise is to not ignore any aches or pains you may have. Let your Doc know and make sure that what you're feeling is normal...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm sorry you have to go through this Gris. Stay strong. I hope the procedure goes smoothly and your recovery is swift.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  Have a smooth recovery.

The recovery process from serious surgeries can be tough - there will be good days and bad days but overall the graph will be up and healing - so dont let a few bad days in row get you down too much, overall it gets better.
                  Do every rehab and Dr suggestion/requirement they tell you to do.

and you get MLB tv to watch games all summer
                  Thanks bud....and as a T-Mobile customer, I already get the free MLB.tv! Woot!

Comment

Thanks guys!

I appreciate all of the best wishes and prayers!

I'm sure it will go well.

Comment

Thanks bud....and as a T-Mobile customer, I already get the free MLB.tv! Woot!
                      Baseball's boring. Work on your football stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                        Baseball's boring. Work on your football stuff.
                        I'll have the Guide done by around May 1st this year....so I'll be promoting it then WHILE I'm watching baseball....lol

Comment

I'll have the Guide done by around May 1st this year....so I'll be promoting it then WHILE I'm watching baseball....lol
                          That sounds good. Doesn't negate the boringness of baseball, though.

Comment

Best of luck to your health and for a speedy recovery.
                            Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                            Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

good luck!
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

get better soon
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X