Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late to the game, but echoing the supporting thoughts of others, Gris

Comment

Best of luck to you, Gris. Glad you caught it early. Wasn't my prostate, but my tumor was caught very early which helped treatment immensely (still was the size of a softball) and now I'm 23 years cancer-free. Looking forward to welcoming you to the survivor club!

Comment

Thanks again guys! Umjewman, you are certainly an inspiration for all for fighting off cancer! Thanks!

Comment

After we discussed this, found out my father in law got a biopsy yesterday. Still awaiting his results.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
            Praying for you both. And, hey, thanks for coming here and sharing some personal stuff as a reminder to all of us.
            Me too.

Prayers are with both of you for a complete recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              After we discussed this, found out my father in law got a biopsy yesterday. Still awaiting his results.
              Hope it goes well for him. And if not, let's hope he caught it early.

Comment

Did he not get his prostate removed? My dad always says there's nothing to get checked for since the prostate is gone.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  Did he not get his prostate removed? My dad always says there's nothing to get checked for since the prostate is gone.
                  Father in law, not my dad that I referenced earlier in the thread. So the second instance in my family.

Comment

Father in law, not my dad that I referenced earlier in the thread. So the second instance in my family.
                    ah. Well that sucks.

Really not looking forward to having a doctor dig in and feel my prostate. Do they still do that?
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      ah. Well that sucks.

Really not looking forward to having a doctor dig in and feel my prostate. Do they still do that?
                      I've heard that if you masterbate a lot it is good for your prostrate, so you should be fine
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

An update on my situation......

So, they checked my PSA again and it went from 10 to 12.5.

All of the doctors (my urologist, the Cleveland Clinic surgeon) all agreed that it was time to get my prostate removed.

So, surgery is planned for June 17.

Actually, I'll be glad to get it out and not have to worry about it anymore.

Hey, just my operation....

Gris

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post

All of the doctors (my urologist, the Cleveland Clinic surgeon) all agreed that it was time to get my prostate removed.

Gris
                          Hope you have a speedy recovery!
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Best wishes!

Comment

Best of luck Gris!
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post

Gris
                                Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X