No announcement yet.

MLB Trade Deadline deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mariners acquired RHP Sam Tuivailala from the Cardinals for RHP Seth Elledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I think the fact that you would trade Bryant straight up makes your previous suggestion of Almora/Happ/minor prospects far, far off the mark of what it would take.

Also, for what it's worth the Cubs farm system is stripped dry from what I've hard so mention of prospects doesn't move the needle much anyway.
      Actually it doesn't. The Cubs can spare Bryant as they have others that can fill in.

Happ is only 23 and plays all over the field. He is a very good defender with a .377 OBP.

Almora is 24 with a very good glove and a .355 OBP.

All things considered, I think I would rather trade Bryant straight up for this year than the package of Happ/Almora or Russell/Happ etc. Let's win another WS and worry about things in the off season.

All this is fun to talk about, none of it is going to happen.

Comment

the number of people in NY who would want to trade deGrom - with two more years of control - for Bryant is slightly less than zero.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Actually it doesn't. The Cubs can spare Bryant as they have others that can fill in.

Happ is only 23 and plays all over the field. He is a very good defender with a .377 OBP.

Almora is 24 with a very good glove and a .355 OBP.

All things considered, I think I would rather trade Bryant straight up for this year than the package of Happ/Almora or Russell/Happ etc. Let's win another WS and worry about things in the off season.

All this is fun to talk about, none of it is going to happen.
          Whether you personally would be willing to move them and whether the Cubs "can spare" him based on position are not relevant IMO to whether the talent level lines up. The glowing remarks regarding Happ and Almora are nice, but those two are not on the same planet as Bryant as far as talent goes, and similarly do not have equivalent trade value.

Objectively, Bryant has 3 seasons of 6+ fWAR. Happ has a career 2.6 fWAR in 206 games, and Almora has a career 4.2 in 274 games. Combined, they don't come close to Bryant.

Which is why I'm not the first (nor likely the last) to pan the idea that Happ/Almora would come close to returning DeGrom.

The trade idea looks like rose colored glasses to me, which is something we all have when looking at players from our own team (no doubt me included)

Comment

the number of people in NY who would want to trade deGrom - with two more years of control - for Bryant is slightly less than zero.

Happ and Almora are nice players, but Happ would have to play 2B and I'm not convinced he's an asset there. he's just an ok hitter as a LF.

pass. pass.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              I'd completely agree with you if we were talking Happ/Almora.

3 years of Kris Bryant for 2 years of DeGrom... that's actually not that far off IMO.

Comment

Eduardo Escobar to the D’Backs for three A ball minor leaguers

Comment

Asdrubal to the Phillies

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Asdrubal to the Phillies
                    Bizarre trade. Why do the Phillies need a 2B, let alone any infielder? Mets did well, getting pitching prospect Kilome and opening up a spot for Jeff McNeil.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Eduardo Escobar to the D’Backs for three A ball minor leaguers
                      I don't follow the AL as well as the NL but I'm assuming that D'backs either think Lamb will be out longer than 10 days or they are planning to play Escobar 3B, SS and 2B.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Bizarre trade. Why do the Phillies need a 2B, let alone any infielder? Mets did well, getting pitching prospect Kilome and opening up a spot for Jeff McNeil.
                        Maybe they are planning on sitting Kingery more and play Cabrera there. He can play 3B, SS and 2B. I suppose Crawford will not be back until Sept with this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          Maybe they are planning on sitting Kingery more and play Cabrera there. He can play 3B, SS and 2B. I suppose Crawford will not be back until Sept with this deal.
                          The Phils also have Cesar Hernandez, so it still should be:
                          1B - Hoskins
                          2B - Hernandez
                          SS - Kingery
                          3B - Franco

MLB Trade Rumors thinks Asdrubal plays SS & 3B, so that would ding Kingery & Franco.

Comment

Cabrera would have had clear shot at playing time on, say, a major contended like Red Sox. Weird one indeed.
                            12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                            UTIL- Benintendi
                            BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                            SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                            RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                            IL: Buxton

Comment

Will Kela and Diekman both be traded? If so, can you see Leclerc becoming the closer?

Comment

Cabrera in the field this year:
                                2B 90
                                SS 0
                                3B 0

Cabrera played all 3 at between 32 and 45 games last year. he was pissed when the Mets took away SS time from him, but they are still high on Rosario, who is young and starting to come around.

but the only innings at SS that Rosario hasn't played, the Mets give to the rotting corpse of Jose Reyes - he of the lol 40 OPS+ this year.

at 3B, aside from Todd Frazier (now DL), the starts have gone to Reyes 15, someone named Luis Guillorme 9, Wil Flores 9, Jose Bautista 5, etc. they didn't even let ACabrera get an inning at 3B in a double shift.

if the Mets had a clue, the Phillies would have to be worried that the Mets would know that he can't play SS or 3B. the Phillies probably figured, "if the Mets won't play him there, that's probably wrong because they can't do anything right - SO DEAL!"

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X