No announcement yet.

MLB Trade Deadline deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venters kicks off his MLB career with ERA+ for the Braves in 2010-11 of 201 and 208 (basically, twice as good as the league average so elite) in 164 G in 161 IP (what could go wrong?)

2012 is 125 ERA+ in 59 IP

then.......... long story, but he returns to MLB in 2018 in late April, and has been... ok

seems like a nostalgia bid by the Braves, but he is a lefty and only age 33!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I like this move, hoping he can pull a Verlander and catch glory one last time.
      I'm guessing not Verlanderesque, but certainly useful. He was MUCH better on the road than at home with the Rangers, getting out of that place can only help him...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm hoping he spreads nuclear waste all over the Cubs pennant hopes. #gobrewers
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I don't like this move, but I do like your thinking and hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I'm hoping he spreads nuclear waste all over the Cubs pennant hopes. #gobrewers
            So you are thinking he could be worse than Chatwood?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Well he has an 11 ERA in July, hitters are getting to him at a .359/.407/.603 rate. Hard to get much worse and still have a job.

Comment

I'm certainly hoping he's down to the task, if you know what I mean.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I don't like this move, but I do like your thinking and hope I am wrong.
                  Who would you rather they have acquired? Chatwood is an unmitigated disaster.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Who would you rather they have acquired? Chatwood is an unmitigated disaster.
                    I wanted them to give up some existing assets and go after deGrom. Maybe something like Almora and Happ.

Pretty much anyone not named Baez, Contreras, Rizzo, or Bryant. would be in play to get him.

Comment

Hamel home and away stats completely night and day. This might good move by the Cubs.

Comment

I wanted them to give up some existing assets and go after deGrom. Maybe something like Almora and Happ.

Pretty much anyone not named Baez, Contreras, Rizzo, or Bryant. would be in play to get him.
                        Oof, that would be a disastrous trade for the Mets. Given his performance and contract status, it could be argued that DeGrom is the most valuable commodity in baseball. There's no way he's getting traded for a return of Almora and Happ. Not that it would ever happen, but how about Kris Bryant straight up for DeGrom?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Oof, that would be a disastrous trade for the Mets. Given his performance and contract status, it could be argued that DeGrom is the most valuable commodity in baseball. There's no way he's getting traded for a return of Almora and Happ. Not that it would ever happen, but how about Kris Bryant straight up for DeGrom?
                          I figured we would include some lesser prospects with the Almora and Happ deal.

I would trade Bryant for deGrom straight up.

Comment

I figured we would include some lesser prospects with the Almora and Happ deal.

I would trade Bryant for deGrom straight up.
                            I think the fact that you would trade Bryant straight up makes your previous suggestion of Almora/Happ/minor prospects far, far off the mark of what it would take.

Also, for what it's worth the Cubs farm system is stripped dry from what I've hard so mention of prospects doesn't move the needle much anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I think the fact that you would trade Bryant straight up makes your previous suggestion of Almora/Happ/minor prospects far, far off the mark of what it would take.

Also, for what it's worth the Cubs farm system is stripped dry from what I've hard so mention of prospects doesn't move the needle much anyway.
                              Almora and Happ for Degrom sounds like one of those talk radio suggestions that I hear all the time.

Yankee fan calls in and says the Yankees should go out and get Degrom, but Torres, Andujar, Frazier and Sheffield are all off the table. And the Mets would do this.......why?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                Almora and Happ for Degrom sounds like one of those talk radio suggestions that I hear all the time.

Yankee fan calls in and says the Yankees should go out and get Degrom, but Torres, Andujar, Frazier and Sheffield are all off the table. And the Mets would do this.......why?
                                And usually involves Jacoby Ellsbury and other garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X