Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do I Keep Help

12 man, PPR, 3 keeper league: QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex

I came in last place last year due to David Johnson and Odell Beckham's injuries - and taking a gamble on Andrew Luck and having a black hole at QB most of the year.

Anyway, we keep 3 heading in to the draft - if you don't keep 3, we have a pre (supplemental) draft, so that everyone has 3 heading in to the draft. I currently have: Johnson, Beckham and Kareem Hunt.

Due to my last place finish, I would get the first pick in the "supplemental" draft if I choose to only keep 2 players. Obviously, I'd grab Barkley.

In the regular draft (essentially, starting in round 4) I would get the first pick. It then snakes around and I'd get the last pick in Round 5 and the first pick in round 6...

The team that won it all last year has a pretty empty cupboard for potential keepers (how he won last year is beyond me). So, he would get the last pick in round 4 ad the first pick in round 5.

What I'm thinking...

I trade him Beckham (I've had it with his antics) and get his first pick in the 5th round.

That would set me up with:

Johnson and Hunt
    1st pick in the supplemental draft (Barkley)
    1st pick in the 4th round
    1st pick in the 5th round

So, essentially, I'd move up 12 picks in the 5th round

I'd keep Beckham, to be honest...he's worth FAR more than the 1st pick in the 5th round. I can see being frustrated with a player, but he's simply got too much talent to ignore. I'd drop Hunt and go with the 2 Giants...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Hmmmm.....basically you’re trading Odell for Barkley. The Giants offense is loaded: Barkley, ODB, Engram, Shepard, Gallman, etc. ODB may be hard-pressed to get his typical output, plus, he’s coming off a major knee injury.

Who are the WRs you think will be available in the 4th rd? If you think you can get a quality WR there and in Rd 5, I’d do it.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Hmmmm.....basically you’re trading Odell for Barkley. The Giants offense is loaded: Barkley, ODB, Engram, Shepard, Gallman, etc. ODB may be hard-pressed to get his typical output, plus, he’s coming off a major knee injury.

Who are the WRs you think will be available in the 4th rd? If you think you can get a quality WR there and in Rd 5, I’d do it.
        well really he is trading OBJ for whatever he gets plus Barkley if I am understanding this right. If so, and he gets anything of value for OBJ, its a no brainer to do it.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          well really he is trading OBJ for whatever he gets plus Barkley if I am understanding this right. If so, and he gets anything of value for OBJ, its a no brainer to do it.
          Right -- he would get Barkley plus whoever he gets at #49. I agree, it's a no-brainer.

Comment

I'd take that deal faster than a guy trying to put out a crotch fire.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Interesting that if you make that trade you'd basically have 3 RB and 0 WR in a PPR league that starts 1 RB and 2 WR.

I wonder if you could get a king's ransom for one of the RB instead?

Or if you could package Beckham/Hunt for Antonio Brown for example?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Interesting that if you make that trade you'd basically have 3 RB and 0 WR in a PPR league that starts 1 RB and 2 WR.

I wonder if you could get a king's ransom for one of the RB instead?

Or if you could package Beckham/Hunt for Antonio Brown for example?
                He could use the other 2 RBs in the flex spots.

Comment

He could use the other 2 RBs in the flex spots.
                  Certainly possible to do so but it does hamstring you some in later rounds. In baseball terms it's like taking a 1B with your first 3 picks, or perhaps taking a UT in the first round.

Comment

Certainly possible to do so but it does hamstring you some in later rounds. In baseball terms it's like taking a 1B with your first 3 picks, or perhaps taking a UT in the first round.
                    I agree, but it's hard to turn down Saquon Barkley + Russell Wilson (ADP: 54) for Beckham.

Comment

I agree, but it's hard to turn down Saquon Barkley + Russell Wilson (ADP: 54) for Beckham.
                      I have no problem backfilling in the mid rounds and be top heavy.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yes do it
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Fair - I'm on board overall. (Although I wouldn't go QB that early)

Comment

Fair - I'm on board overall. (Although I wouldn't go QB that early)
                            It was just an example of the type of player who should be out there in the neighborhood of ADP 51.

Comment

Thanks, all, for your input. I think I am going to pull the trigger. We are also an IDP league and I am also going to ask for Luke Kuechly in the deal (he is loaded at LB).

I think Barkley is a generational talent and it's hard to pass that up. ODB carried me to two titles over the past few years, so it's hard to part with him and, yes, I know this leaves me with a bit of a void at WR entering the draft. We have some knuckleheads in this league and there's usually a few surprises for keepers who would normall go in the 4th-5th-6th rounds. I believe I'll have my pick of; Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson, Demayrius Thomas, Stefon Diggs, Jarvis Landry, JuJu for the first two picks in the regular draft. Guys usually reach for QBs early so Watson, Newton, Brees, etc (guys who normally should go in rounds 5 or later) leaving slots open for these WRs to drop to me.

I'd be happy with a first 5 of:

Johnson
                              Hunt
                              Barkley
                              Cooper (I'd be ecstatic to get Cooper here. I think he has a huge bounce-back year. Carr was not healthy last year and Gruden said he's sees Cooper as the main vein of this offense and sees him as Tim Brown. He'll be a top 10 receiver this year)
                              JuJu/Landry/Robinson/Cooks

Comment

Working...
                              X