No announcement yet.

Republican Party Helsinki and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is absolutely no way Trump is worth 3.1B, unless his "brand" is valued at 3B
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      there is absolutely no way Trump is worth 3.1B, unless his "brand" is valued at 3B
      I think he has said his brand is worth like 10 billion. He says he is worth way more than 3 billion, because of his brand. I don't buy the "he isn't a billionaire" jabs, although I like them, because they piss him off. But even if he wasn't prior to the Apprentice, he was after it--never got the appeal of that show. It was a 1 hour series of commercials for the most part. Just the perfect show for advertisers, and so it made a ton of money and I know he must have gotten a big piece of that. I'm sure he also capitalized on that with lots of side deals. That show was huge for his brand.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-13-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I think he has said his brand is worth like 10 billion. He says he is worth way more than 3 billion, because of his brand. I don't buy the "he isn't a billionaire" jabs, although I like them, because they piss him. But even if he wasn't prior to the Apprentice, he was after it--never got the appeal of that show. It was a 1 hour series of commercials for the most part. Just the perfect show for advertisers, and so it made a ton of money and I know he must have gotten a big piece of that. I'm sure he also capitalized on that with lots of side deals. That show was huge for his brand.
        That show made him President. The great irony of Donald Trump is that he depended on the media his entire life (and if you lived in NYC in the 1980s and 1990s you’d understand) and now he’s declared war on them.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          That show made him President. The great irony of Donald Trump is that he depended on the media his entire life (and if you lived in NYC in the 1980s and 1990s you’d understand) and now he’s declared war on them.
          He's always been exceptional at self-promotion, with a perspective of too much is never enough. I think he ultimately still feels the same way, including with respect to the media, but views his war on the media as "good for ratings".

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            That show was huge for his brand.
            almost as huge for his brand as his current show.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              He's always been exceptional at self-promotion, with a perspective of too much is never enough. I think he ultimately still feels the same way, including with respect to the media, but views his war on the media as "good for ratings".
              Some of his jousting with the media has a sibling rivalry feel, like the Mormon brothers in Ocean's 11.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
              X