No announcement yet.

Psychedelic Drugs... thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a huge fan of LSD back in my carefree youth. I tripped just about every Sunday for the two-year period after I graduated college and moved to Colorado to bum around for awhile. I never had a bad experience. I did have a ton of fun. And I do think the altered perceptions of reality were/are beneficial to the way I think. When I became a dad, I ceased all illicit drug use (save for the occasional joint at a concert) so I could give my full focus to parenting. Haven't done acid or shrooms since. Given the opportunity, I'd likely do it again, for old time's sake. I'll probably never actively seek out the opportunity - I'm satisfied with marijuana. There are strains available today that are plenty mindfuck-y enough for me.

I'm still kind of wishy-washy on the legalization of psychedelics. The experience was good for me, but they are not good for everyone. Like pot, some people just aren't wired for it, and should stay away. If the wrong person smokes pot, there's typically not much negative consequence. If the wrong person gets hold of psychedelics... eh, then I'm not so sure.

There is a group in Colorado trying to collect signatures to get the decriminalization of mushrooms on the next state ballot. I haven't heard how much success they're having.

I am monitoring the trend of tech gurus using micro-doses of LSD to enhance their business creativity and vision with interest.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

when you smoke marijuana the first time you're probably not going to like it. i've gone straight twice in my life and when i did it again w/o any tolerance built it up was somewhat devastating without already having some in my system. it was like whooa i don't remember being this much stoned. i'd be interested to hear if anyone had a similar experience. i am under the impression you have to build up a little tolerance for it to be enjoyable.

the difference between mushrooms and acid is that the former lasts 5-6 hours while the latter lasts like 10 hours. so duration is a factor. and acid is stronger imo. so chances are, during those 10 hours you may even forget you're tripping and think it's from something else like the marijuana you did also. most people would have 10 hours to put aside but you never know what can happen and then have to deal with a life issue while on acid.

Comment

you guys are a smart group - taking illegal drugs while your kids are minors makes no sense, logistically. you could screw up the entire family dynamic, even from what might arguably not be so wrong morally. but why take a chance? your kids are far more important than your whims.

beyond that, more options ensue.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          I was a huge fan of LSD back in my carefree youth. I tripped just about every Sunday for the two-year period after I graduated college and moved to Colorado to bum around for awhile. I never had a bad experience. I did have a ton of fun. And I do think the altered perceptions of reality were/are beneficial to the way I think. When I became a dad, I ceased all illicit drug use (save for the occasional joint at a concert) so I could give my full focus to parenting. Haven't done acid or shrooms since. Given the opportunity, I'd likely do it again, for old time's sake. I'll probably never actively seek out the opportunity - I'm satisfied with marijuana. There are strains available today that are plenty mindfuck-y enough for me.

I'm still kind of wishy-washy on the legalization of psychedelics. The experience was good for me, but they are not good for everyone. Like pot, some people just aren't wired for it, and should stay away. If the wrong person smokes pot, there's typically not much negative consequence. If the wrong person gets hold of psychedelics... eh, then I'm not so sure.

There is a group in Colorado trying to collect signatures to get the decriminalization of mushrooms on the next state ballot. I haven't heard how much success they're having.

I am monitoring the trend of tech gurus using micro-doses of LSD to enhance their business creativity and vision with interest.
          This is why I have never tried pot or any other recreational drug. My mind is wired weird and I have a huge fear that trying any of these drugs might really fuck me up.

I took a small amount of Melatonin a few months ago and it screwed my head up for about 6 hours. And that's something the body produces!!

I went through a serious depression years ago and do not want to do anything that could take me back to that!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'm with sheep on this one, I did a fair amount of acid back in the day, and loved it all. Even the somewhat bad trip that I had where a friend pulled me back by taking me into the kitchen and playing that tabletop basketball game that used ping pong balls. No regrets on that front at all. Mushrooms, that's another story, had a bad experience and ended up listening to The Doors - Weird Scenes Inside the Gold mine. Not recommended at all.

But acid I thoroughly enjoyed...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I'm with sheep on this one, I did a fair amount of acid back in the day, and loved it all. Even the somewhat bad trip that I had where a friend pulled me back by taking me into the kitchen and playing that tabletop basketball game that used ping pong balls. No regrets on that front at all. Mushrooms, that's another story, had a bad experience and ended up listening to The Doors - Weird Scenes Inside the Gold mine. Not recommended at all.

But acid I thoroughly enjoyed...
              That's pretty unusual as LSD is more intense than psilocybin in most cases. But you probably had a really potent dose.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                you guys are a smart group - taking illegal drugs while your kids are minors makes no sense, logistically. you could screw up the entire family dynamic, even from what might arguably not be so wrong morally. but why take a chance? your kids are far more important than your whims.

beyond that, more options ensue.
                they could do Vegas bachelor party and someone slips roofies in everyone's drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  That's pretty unusual as LSD is more intense than psilocybin in most cases. But you probably had a really potent dose.
                  Exactly what happened...I was working later than the rest, and they thought that it would be funny to tell me to eat more to "catch up". Since I'd never done mushrooms before, I was stupid enough to do so.

I will say that when I retire, I may do acid again just to see what happens...LOL. Maybe mushrooms, but a smaller dose.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Latest from Dr. Strassman:

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Comment

no I'm the man

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Done with these for over 20 years. Fun in my youth though.

I am not keen on taking something that won't turn off or have much of a reduction in effects for 8+ hours (LSD) or 6+ hours (shrooms).

I also don't think I could handle the intensity of these substances anymore and I am quite certain my anxiety and paranoia would spike big time on this stuff.

Comment

that video was like a movie!..

Comment

Comment

I did shrooms a couple of weeks ago. I did 1 gram, my wife did 0.8 grams, friend had 0.5 grams.

Wifey didn't get much, a few late night giggles. My friend and I had a blast. We just walked to the park and laid down and watched the clouds. We found the one small group of clouds in the sky and then watched as the sunny day shredded the few clouds into nothing. That was pretty cool. I was pretty paranoid that I'd run into a client or something, but it all worked out and the world shifted back to the way it was before.

I did find I was more paranoid than back in my youth, but I had a good friend with me, so that helped ease my fears.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X