Best (current) Comedians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    I like both these guys a lot, plus Louis CK (RIP), and Doug Stanhope, who's probably too rough for this crowd.
    Agreed on all of these.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I love John Mulaney. I have seen all 3 of his NETFLIX videos and saw him live in Cleveland this year.

I also like Jelsinik, but he's not for everyone.

Comment

I like a lot of these.

I will throw out Katt Williams .

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Brilliant!
          Why is that brilliant?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Didn't know where to put this, so thought maybe it belonged in the Comedians thread?

What do people think of Sasha Baron Cohen's seemingly duping/misleading half the Republican party for his new Showtime show? Roy Moore is the latest dude coming out pissed and ready to sue. Were his tactics in landing these interviews all fair in love and comedy, or should he be disavowed by Showtime and all the juicy interviews he seems to have gotten cannedd?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Didn't know where to put this, so thought maybe it belonged in the Comedians thread?

What do people think of Sasha Baron Cohen's seemingly duping/misleading half the Republican party for his new Showtime show? Roy Moore is the latest dude coming out pissed and ready to sue. Were his tactics in landing these interviews all fair in love and comedy, or should he be disavowed by Showtime and all the juicy interviews he seems to have gotten cannedd?
              Naw, he's Sasha Baron Cohen, it's what he does. If you have an ego big enough, and a thirst for publicity that allows you to NOT exercise your better judgement, it's fair game.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Naw, he's Sasha Baron Cohen, it's what he does. If you have an ego big enough, and a thirst for publicity that allows you to NOT exercise your better judgement, it's fair game.
                Yeah, his characters are so over the top, I'm shocked how many got duped. Their outrage is great publicity. Makes me want to see how bad they are given how mad they are.

Comment

Just watched Jeffries' newest special on Netflix. Good stuff.

Comment

Brad Williams 1st and 2nd specials are pretty good... the 2nd one (Daddy Issues) killed me
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      I like both these guys a lot, plus Louis CK (RIP), and Doug Stanhope, who's probably too rough for this crowd.
                      Checked out Doug Stanhope today. Great stuff. He's messed up but very funny.
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                        Checked out Doug Stanhope today. Great stuff. He's messed up but very funny.
                        Yeah, Stanhope has the chops. Lots of good comedians out there these days.

Comment

If you can handle the cringeworthy, Sasha Baron Cohen's Who is America is pretty funny. He pardoies both sides in this first episode. His ultra liberal character may be his funniest.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                            I really think Bill Burr is now my favorite comedian. Wondering who you guys like right now? Could be stand-up or others but Bill Burr rules.
                            Yesterday:
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Maniscalsco is terribly unfunny. Just does caricatures of Italian guys with exaggerated faces and movements. Nothing funny at all.
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X