shhh... Mark Reynolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shhh... Mark Reynolds

He probably won't get up again, the Nats would need to send eight guys to the plate in the 8th, but Reynolds is 2 RBI away from tying the single-game record. He's 5 for 5 with 10 RBI so far today.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    He probably won't get up again, the Nats would need to send eight guys to the plate in the 8th, but Reynolds is 2 RBI away from tying the single-game record. He's 5 for 5 with 10 RBI so far today.
    Anyone else ever have that Back to the Future type fantasy of having a complete stat book of player performances to start a season, and just winning a daily league with all FA pick ups. I know folks here have been trying to do that in leagues, but if you could actually see the future, you could win a competitive league, even an expert only league just off of pick ups and streaming of performances like this. It would be so cool to do.

Back to this specific player and performance--is Reynolds worth picking up in a deep mixed league? As well as he has been hitting the last couple of weeks, capped by this epic game, does he still lose PAs when Zimmerman and Adams gets back soon?

Comment

How is he not owned in deep league?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        How is he not owned in deep league?

J
        I guess it is not that deep a league? He isn't owned in my main league, which is 14 teams with 30 man majors and 20 man minors rosters. And he isn't owned yet in my other league, a 16 teamer, that has a normal amount of bench spots, so basically the same size league. Maybe I should not call 16 or less teams deep for mixed leagues. Idk.all I want to know is will he still play a lot when Adams and Zimmerman get back.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-07-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I own him, and he was something like 4 for 50 - all singles - in his last month. expectation was that he would be DFA'd next week when Zimmerman returns.

I would preach caution
          #deadcatbounce

I'm in that weird spot where I have 153 HRs (!) already. 2nd place is literally closer to last than 1st.

RBI now getting that way, too.

a mediocre W with some K worth a lot more to me than Reynolds+Harper 8-for-8, 2 HR, 10 RBI, 8 R right now
          (the average is a boost, at least)
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

At a certain point JJ, I think you may have to cave and trade some power for pitching, even if you can't get fair value. I know that is tough. It is very tough for me to clearly trade the better player in a deal, even if it also clearly helps me. But I'm guessing no one will give fair pitching value for any of your power?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              At a certain point JJ, I think you may have to cave and trade some power for pitching, even if you can't get fair value. I know that is tough. It is very tough for me to clearly trade the better player in a deal, even if it also clearly helps me. But I'm guessing no one will give fair pitching value for any of your power?
              yes, this is a very good point.

HR so far are:
              Harper 21 at 41-S1
              EHernandez 15 at 1-S2
              Pham 13 at 10-S1
              Molina and Duvall, both 13 and lame ducks
              Rizzo 12 and lame duck
              Realmuto 10 at 13-S2
              Longoria 10 at 15-S2 and DL
              Reynolds 8 at FA price of 10-S2
              CarGo 7 at 14-S2
              FReyes and FCordero 6, both FA pickups, one traded and one done for year
              and 18 more but not in a trade mix

tight race, so no one has extra SB or AVG or W or really anything. I lead in ERA and Ratio, too - I need a good SP for a bat or prospect, but no luck so far
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

predicting the future..

you mean like saying a woman born as a man will someday win the Miss Universe contest?.. or (i'm not sure if they have done this yet) have a video game event in the Olympics. or car accidents will have the lowest mortality rate due to self driving cars. or probably within our lifetime they will be doing head transplants.

i don't really think about knowing when someone would break the single game RBI record as much as if i did go back in time and needed to contact a specific person and prove i was a time traveler, sporting events would be a good choice to use. they happen every year... while things like the fall of the Berlin wall or the collapse of the Soviet Union, or Chernobyl were one time events.

Comment

Working...
                X