AL-only injured keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-only injured keepers

10-team AL-only 5x5 using AVG. Probably going to be able to keep 11. My current keeper list is something like:

Salvador Perez $21
    Lowrie $10
    Jorge Polanco $9
    Matt Chapman $9
    Segura $33
    Smoak $10
    Gallo $12
    Mazara $10
    Bieber $5
    Snell $6
    Treinen $5
    Biggio $5/minors
    Jose Suarez $6/minors

so I'm already getting rid of two of those.

Which of these players is worth trying to pick up and keep for next year at $5 over the third-worst player on that list?
    Miggy
    Welington Castillo
    Danny Salazar
    Faria
    Jordan Montgomery
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I'd have a hard time passing up a $5 Miggy over Smoak/Chapman/Perez at those prices
    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

I'd take WCastillo and $16 over Sal Perez in a minute. Faria is intriguing, so I'd go get him and see how he pans out after he comes back from the oblique in August. I'm assuming you can still dump him if he's awful in the last two months...but I don't see anyone in the top 11 I'd cut for him.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with cool hand and chance. Miggy or WCastillo are your best targets.

Castillo is on a 2-year deal with an option. Do you lose him if he gets traded next year? I guess at $5 he's going to return a profit regardless.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Miggy all day long...all he needs is to stay healthy, and I'm guessing that Victor is gone next season, so Miggy can just play bat and hopefully, avoid injuries.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
          X