Economic, taxes, and tariffs discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    Hmmmm. Let’s see, you create a topic matter, in this case Trump apparently forgoing Congress to go to war, and assign this to me as if I’ve ever posted an opinion on it. Interesting style of counter-attack. I wish there was a name for that, like a scarecrow or windmill argument.

What’s this “for us all” crap? I’m beginning to think that you and another poster are one in the same as you both infer a lot of stuff that isn’t there in posts written by people with whom you disagree. Talk about deflecting and redirecting, but wait, that’s right only righties do that! Forgive me, I’m old, I forgot these steadfast truths of the left.

Since my recent posts have been directed specifically at Revo, I have to ask, are you Revo’s Mom? Do you really think he needs you to protect him from me?
    Dude, I disagree with Revo constantly, but he's not such a pathetic crybaby about it, melting down and calling everybody deranged.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Dude, I disagree with Revo constantly, but he's not such a pathetic crybaby about it, melting down and calling everybody deranged.
      Since I didn’t ask for your advice, I’m not sure why you’re even responding to me. This isn’t about you. I think you’re looking for an argument today but unfortunately today’s not your day, at least not with me. Have a good one.
      Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-19-2019, 11:27 AM.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

melting down
        Normally I just read this thread while eating my popcorn, but had to pop in to confirm that this is a pun based on Bernie's avatar. If so, well played sir... well played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
          Since I didn’t ask for your advice, I’m not sure why you’re even responding to me. This isn’t about you. I think you’re looking for an argument today but unfortunately today’s not your day, at least not with me. Have a good one.
          My advice is to drop the TDS shtick and stop undermining people with legitimate concerns with something so played out and stupid that Fox news gave it up ages ago.

If you don't want my advice, go ahead and call me deranged again. It's such a productive method of discourse, name calling.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

My advice is to drop the TDS shtick and stop undermining people with legitimate concerns with something so played out and stupid that Fox news gave it up ages ago.

If you don't want my advice, go ahead and call me deranged again. It's such a productive method of discourse, name calling.
            Um, again with the unsolicited advice. I’d respond more, but I just don’t care enough. It’s not your day, as I said earlier.
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Trump loves to threaten how badly the market will perform if he loses, which like many of his tweets, is unfounded. This video discusses why that likely won't happen and features Invesco economist Brian Levitt, who was my assistant at OppenheimerFunds many moons ago!

Ahead of the Fed meeting this week, the markets “want clarity” on monetary policy says Brian Levitt, Senior Director of Investment Strategy at Invesco. He also says the markets won’t crash if President Trump isn’t re-elected. He spoke with Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous, Brian Sozzi and Scott Gamm.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Trump loves to threaten how badly the market will perform if he loses, which like many of his tweets, is unfounded. This video discusses why that likely won't happen and features Invesco economist Brian Levitt, who was my assistant at OppenheimerFunds many moons ago!

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/why-...151847441.html
                I give you this one. The markets are largely independent of trivial things like a single human, no matter how powerful.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  I give you this one. The markets are largely independent of trivial things like a single human, no matter how powerful.

J
                  Did you just call me trivial?
                  “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                    Did you just call me trivial?
                    Maybe Steve 1.0

It is interesting to note how much the markets calmed when President Trump called the drone kill a likely mistake.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

It is interesting to note how much the markets calmed when President Trump called the drone kill a likely mistake.
                      https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...tentional.html
                      I don't know why he did that, but I'm glad he did.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Don't be too reassured. Trump never speaks evil during negotiations. Shit is goin on.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          So it is possible to support something he does without actually being a supporter? Wasn’t that Bernie’s point?
                          (And to be clear, I agree with you being glad he didn’t escalate things with Iran. My biggest fear of his Presidency is his over reacting to something and becoming involved in another unnecessary military operation).

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                            So it is possible to support something he does without actually being a supporter? Wasn’t that Bernie’s point?
                            (And to be clear, I agree with you being glad he didn’t escalate things with Iran. My biggest fear of his Presidency is his over reacting to something and becoming involved in another unnecessary military operation).
                            Trump knows how to be Presidential. He just usually doesn't bother.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              My biggest fear of his Presidency is his over reacting to something and becoming involved in another unnecessary military operation).
                              I actually fear he would do it for a more sinister reason and that is thinking that it will help him get re-elected if people "rally around the flag." Look back at his tweets from 2012 when he was talking about Obama starting a war with Iran to help him get re-elected.

Comment

Trump knows how to be Presidential. He just usually doesn't bother.

J
                                Definitely agree with the latter. I'm not sure what evidence you have of the former.

Comment

Working...
                                X