Economic, taxes, and tariffs discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    If you say buffoon enough times, it doesn't even sound like a real word anymore. Buffoon buffoon buffoon.
    Buffoon buffoon buffoon Buffoon buffoon buffoon Buffoon buffoon buffoon Buffoon buffoon buffoon
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      If you say buffoon enough times, it doesn't even sound like a real word anymore. Buffoon buffoon buffoon.
      Lenny Bruce Fan?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        Why is he never held accountable for the BLATANT lies he tells? I'm still going with "Buffoon". You aren't going to change my mind on this one.
        Because most of what you call lies are just exaggeration and there is often a hard truth at the core. You keep saying buffoon and he keeps showing you it's an act. Better this than Bill Clinton's serial sex abuse.

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        Buffoon buffoon buffoon Buffoon buffoon buffoon Buffoon buffoon buffoon Buffoon buffoon buffoon
        When you finish purging your system, try taking a second look. You might see that Trump is very good at using the pratfalls for practical effect.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Because most of what you call lies are just exaggeration and there is often a hard truth at the core. You keep saying buffoon and he keeps showing you it's an act. Better this than Bill Clinton's serial sex abuse.

When you finish purging your system, try taking a second look. You might see that Trump is very good at using the pratfalls for practical effect.

J
          Trump just responded to a credible rape allegation by saying that she's not his type. She's the 17th accuser against Trump. If you believe Trump, who bragged about his sexual assault, has not assaulted anybody, then you, 1jay, are the real buffoon.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            Trump just responded to a credible rape allegation by saying that she's not his type. She's the 17th accuser against Trump. If you believe Trump, who bragged about his sexual assault, has not assaulted anybody, then you, 1jay, are the real buffoon.
            Nah, they are all paid political crisis actors when they accuse Trump. They are only real victims when they accuse Clinton.

Comment

Because most of what you call lies are just exaggeration ...
              To the vast majority of reasonable people there is no difference, whether you're a parent asking your kid if they did their homework or a judge listening to a witness ... It continues to shock me how acceptable the serial lying has become
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Where is Ed with the economic news and the war with China?

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                I think he has assaulted women. He's not a Bill Clinton, but he has been inappropriate. I won't comment on this one because I have not looked closely.

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                To the vast majority of reasonable people there is no difference, whether you're a parent asking your kid if they did their homework or a judge listening to a witness ... It continues to shock me how acceptable the serial lying has become
                You are defining reasonable to be anti-Trump. Pfft.

Reasonable means willing to look past impressions to the facts. That is why enough people voted for him in 2016 and will likely reelect him in 2020.

J
                Last edited by onejayhawk; 07-02-2019, 11:05 AM.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Where is Ed with the economic news and the war with China?

I think he has assaulted women. He's not a Bill Clinton, but he has been inappropriate. I won't comment on this one because I have not looked closely.

You are defining reasonable to be anti-Trump. Pfft.

Reasonable means willing to look past impressions to the facts. That is why enough people voted for him in 2016 and will likely reelect him in 2020.

J
                  Wrong. Spoken words are not impressions. They matter to parents, they matter to judges, and they sure as hell should matter to people when listening to their elected officials.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    Wrong. Spoken words are not impressions. They matter to parents, they matter to judges, and they sure as hell should matter to people when listening to their elected officials.
                    I am constantly reminded of this defense

Comment

Where is Ed with the economic news and the war with China?
                      What do you want to know? How Trump again backtracked on Huiwei (for those of you scoring at home, that's twice now) because he knows he's now on the losing side of his epic, and now endless, Trade War debacle? Or how he backtracked again on raising more tariffs because the American retail industry rebelled, and how his advisers warned him the economy would likely sink into a major recession? Or how about that some noted advisers and economists think the recession has actually started already?

Comment

First, I want to give you a ton of credit for admitting Trump's clear history of sexual assault.

However, I question why you don't think serial sexual assault is worthy of losing the support of the public, as you say "being anti-Trump", if not a full impeachment? So was Clinton's impeachment on similar grounds now unreasonable to you in hindsight?

I guess you believe morality is an issue for the ballot box and governance is a totally separate issue?

Thanks.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Today, senior WH economic adviser and current Trump shill Larry Kudlow (oh, Larry, what's happened to you?) said the $22.5 trillion debt is "not a huge problem."

Yet under Obama, Kudlow was apoplectic about it:
                          “The families of America take a look at this budget and these humongous deficits and the doubling of the debt and so forth and the out of control spending … this is the most unbalanced fiscal story coming out of Washington, really in our history,” Kudlow said in 2009.

In other news, seems like the Fed is prepared to shave interest rates by 25 bps on 7/31, so calls of the 50 bp cut went unheeded. Still, good news for the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            First, I want to give you a ton of credit for admitting Trump's clear history of sexual assault.

However, I question why you don't think serial sexual assault is worthy of losing the support of the public, as you say "being anti-Trump", if not a full impeachment? So was Clinton's impeachment on similar grounds now unreasonable to you in hindsight?

I guess you believe morality is an issue for the ballot box and governance is a totally separate issue?

Thanks.
                            I am not someone that believes in perfect people. No matter who you have, you get their baggage. As a chief exec, Bill Clinton was pretty decent. His morals, both with women and with graft, did not interfere so much that he could not do a fair job on balance. Both Bush's were straight arrows in the White House and did no better.

Trump is serially inappropriate and lives for attention, but he has been an exceptional chief executive. Other than Reagan, he may be the best since WW II. RR had his haters, too. Top five back to the Civil War.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Elizabeth Warren sees all the same red flags right now that foreshadowed the '08 recession. Exploding household debt, student loan debt, 30% of Americans with loans taken to collections, also record high corporate debt. She's quite convincing.

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/22/207035...diction-medium

And a video from The Hill.

Comment

but he has been an exceptional chief executive. Other than reagan, he may be the best since ww ii.

J
                                hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X