No announcement yet.

2K18 RJ Play for Pay Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't we decide a couple of years back that any player picked up through wavers during the playoffs would get an X contract? It was never added to the rules, so just making sure.

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        It's kind of amazing that you still had him on your roster with the season that he's had...
        Well, he was a decent desperation backup, plus I figured that the Titans might use him more later in the year.

Like I said, he'll probably suck this week and it won't matter.

Comment

I slacked in my previews of the semi-finals, but here we go a bit late.

Pete and I are in a tight matchup on paper. We were both projected for over 130 points going in. Pete had Kelce go and he underperformed a bit scoring 13.1. I used the last of my faab to again chase a fix for my RB 2 slot and grabbed Damien Williams. Williams went off for 30.3, that was the good news. The bad news Keenan Allen was hurt early in the game and put zero points. So live scoring projects it at 135 to 126 for me. I have gone full desperation and currently have Carr in at QB as Winston has a tough matchup at BAL. OBJ is banged up and right now I have Edelman in for him. CMC has been racking up big points for Pete and scares me. Pete lost Gordon last night, but fills in with McGuire who should have the Jets backfield to himself. Both of us have defenses at home in good matchups and defensive scoring is always a wildcard. Williams huge night helps me offset the zero from Allen so I am still in this one.

Westing slightly underperformed last night with Mahomes going under 20 and Badgely only getting his 3 XP's. Jackson overperformed his projections by a bit, but as of now, the live projections have Gris up 132-118. Will Gris get another big week from Henry? Could Gus Edwards do something similar this week against the week Tampa run D? Losing Wentz might hurt Golden Tates value for Westing, but maybe Antonio Brown has a huge week vs the Pats. Both teams have a couple of questions but also a few studs. Zeke and M Thomas vs Ertz and AB. The question probably is whose supporting cast carries them.

Comment

Heading into Sunday here's where we stand with 3 games in...

I am up 52.3 - 22.3 on Hammer. Fairbairn put up a huge 22 points and at this point I have offset the 0 I got from Allen compared to the projections at the beginning. Sutton and Kelce underperformed slightly for Pete as of now the projections have us at 149 - 129. Not likely to be decided today as Pete has Brees and CMC left for Monday and I'll have Kamara going Monday.

Westing Game leads Gris 47.5 - 0, but has used 4 players. Projections are 131-119 for Gris. Gris will have Ian Thomas and Michael Thomas going Monday night so WG will need to build up a pretty good lead.

Good luck guys!

Comment

Gris is down by 12 but has Michael Thomas and Ian Thomas left. He is a heavy favorite to push through to the finals on the strength of another huge week from Henry.

I am up 45 and Hammer has Brees and CMC left and I have Kamara left. I am definitely a favorite, but those are two guys that are capable of the kind of 30+ point weeks Pete needs to catch me.

I won't be counting on anything until it is all over.

Comment

Gris and I will meet for the title. 13-1 and going for back to back titles and I have to beat Gris for the third time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                  Gris and I will meet for the title. 13-1 and going for back to back titles and I have to beat Gris for the third time this year.
                  Whew! Barely squeaked by last night.....

Best of luck, Frae!

It should be a great matchup between us!

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                    Whew! Barely squeaked by last night.....

Best of luck, Frae!

It should be a great matchup between us!
                    Yeah lots of health questions at least for me. If Ware plays I can't use Williams. Will Allen or Beckham play? If they do should I trust them?

I'd like Derrick Henry to return to standard Derrick Henry and not uber stud Derrick Henry.

If I have neither Beckham or Allen I get a lot thinner and if Ware plays My lineup turns into Edelman Cooks Kamara with probably two guys that don't catch a lot of passes in Ingram and Howard. I really need one of them or both to play and play well or at the very least to get another week of lead back Damien Williams.

Comment

• Looks like I'll get Allen to at least go, but not looking good for OBJ. Probably going to use Damien Williams over Ingram and hope for the best. I don't love this setup, swapped in Winston for Carr with the thought that while both are likely to be bad Winston has the better chance to have a really big game because of his offense and the skill guys he has. Good luck Gris.

Comment

• Good luck to all

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                          Looks like I'll get Allen to at least go, but not looking good for OBJ. Probably going to use Damien Williams over Ingram and hope for the best. I don't love this setup, swapped in Winston for Carr with the thought that while both are likely to be bad Winston has the better chance to have a really big game because of his offense and the skill guys he has. Good luck Gris.
                          Thanks bud! Good luck to you as well!

Comment

• Allen only gives me 10 points, but at least Henry didn't crush me. After that opening drive I was already calculating a 30 point game. Odds on the site have it at 60/40 for Gris. Ware sitting and Williams starting gives me a glimmer of hope, but someone from Cooks, Edelman and Cook are going to have to blowup.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              someone from Cooks, Edelman and Cook are going to have to blowup.
                              This sounds like a fight is about to happen between lawyers in the same firm.
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                                This sounds like a fight is about to happen between lawyers in the same firm.
                                I may need to hire Dewey, Cheetham, and Howe if I am going to win this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X