2K18 RJ Play for Pay Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K18 RJ Play for Pay Discussion Thread

Camp is starting, so might as well start the thread. Who is back?

Also, I am looking to make a move. Available players Drake 8th, Collins 8th, Gordon 8th, Beckham 2nd, Cohen 8th, Aguilar 8th and M Williams 11th.

RETURNEES

Yacht Rockers - IN
    JJ's Lips
    Piney Boy
    Big Tymers
    Schlesinj - IN
    Non-Alcoholic Beveridges
    Griswolds
    Hornsby
    Bene Futuis
    Office Linebackers
    The Westing Game
    Fifty Shades of Frae

Comment

back though last year was really rough for me
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

In, again...shitty keepers and all.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I believe all have answered except for John.

Comment

OK, John is OUT so we have two vacancies.

Comment

OK, Hammer has decided he wants back in.

Question -- should we do an expansion draft of all the parts for the two incoming owners, since Team 1 is much better than Team 2? Or should we just let Hammer take vacant Team 1 (which has an extra 1st rounder and a 4th rd David Johnson) and whomever is next take the 2nd team (which has a 10th rd Wentz)?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                OK, Hammer has decided he wants back in.

Question -- should we do an expansion draft of all the parts for the two incoming owners, since Team 1 is much better than Team 2? Or should we just let Hammer take vacant Team 1 (which has an extra 1st rounder and a 4th rd David Johnson) and whomever is next take the 2nd team (which has a 10th rd Wentz)?
                Naw, I think that Hammer should be forced to take my team, which consists of 14th round keepers, all brazilian kickers, and no other picks. I OTOH, should get David Johnson simply because I'm a nice guy, and a good looking devil.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

expansion draft like always
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

OK, as soon as we find a second owner, we'll start the expansion draft

Comment

OK, expansion draft is a wrap.

Three questions:
                      1 - when do we want to have the draft?
                      2 - what to do about the 5th round pick I acquired from John?
                      3 - where should the 2 new teams draft?

Re: the 5th rounder, I acquired it knowing John's team was not making the playoffs, so I should be able to have it no worse than the 6th spot in that round, which is where he was going to pick.

Re: the two teams drafting, since neither took over an existing team, but both of those teams were slated to pick in the top 6, I think Mal should get pick 5th and Pete 6th, since Pete got the higher pick in the expansion draft.

Comment

no problem with Mal picking ahead of me.

not sure how equitable of a compromise this is, but since neither Mal nor I are taking over a specific team, why not add a supplemental pick for Ed in round 5 so he doesnt get beat for a pick and neither Mal nor I get beat for a pick. where in round 5 you put it would need to be resolved if agreed.

is this a slow draft or a fast one?
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

That seems fair and I think we have done that in the past.

I think Ed will just need to manually add the player at the end the draft.

I still like the slow draft format.

Comment

Slow draft for me as well.

And you acquired the pick in good faith, so as far as I'm concerned, it's yours.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Slow draft for me as well.

And you acquired the pick in good faith, so as far as I'm concerned, it's yours.
                              Thanks, but my question is where it should be in Rd 5. As I posted earlier, I acquired the pick knowing John was out of it, and he ended up 6th. I guess we'll leave it as 6, and I'll just add the player as a supplement.

As far as the draft, let's start coming up with a date. My pick is the morning of Monday, August 27th. That's after the 3rd pre-season game, and will give us 10 days to draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X