No announcement yet.

2K18 RJ Play for Pay Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The schedule (if its correct) has me playing you in Week 1 so by all means keep drafting suspended players

Comment

Da Bears!

Big strip sack fumble recovery gives Fifty Shades a second win. 2-0 and Ingram and Edleman to the rescue in week 5.

Comment

Nothing beats my combined winning differential in the first two weeks of 1.6 pts. Somehow I am 2-0.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I was winning with 2 minutes to go last night. The strip sack fumble put me over the top.

I lost by 9.

Comment

No first round draft pick, an ability to get all my TE's hurt, and taking two guys on 4 game suspensions, No problem! 4-0 for your defending champs. My cheaters (Edleman and Ingram) should be back now and hopefully ready to roll.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
              No first round draft pick, an ability to get all my TE's hurt, and taking two guys on 4 game suspensions, No problem! 4-0 for your defending champs. My cheaters (Edleman and Ingram) should be back now and hopefully ready to roll.
              I had no first rd pick, but some pretty good keepers in Hill & Hunt, and my team goes from 12-1 last year to 0-4 and skidding! This week was an all-time low, with my defense in the negatives and two others with goose eggs.

Comment

And I've lost 3 games by a total of roughly 8 points...Bad coaching and bad luck.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Well we are closing in on the playoffs. Big matchup this week between me and Steve M (Westing Game. Both teams are 9-1, but after all the trading I am not sure either of us have the best teams on paper. That said the winner of this one goes to 10-1 pretty much locks up a Bye which is huge.

Just behind us at 7-3 are Gris and Horns. Then Hammer is 5-5 and in 5th alone. So from the top 5 Steve M and I have clinched spots. Gris and Horns clinch with 1 more win or a lost from any of the soon to be mentioned 4-6 group. Hammer still has some work to lock up a spot.

At 4-6 we have Mike and Jamie. Jamie might have the best team on paper with Gurley and Barkley.

Gris plays Jamie this week in another huge game. Lots of implications based on that one.

The other 5 teams are 3-7, but a pair of losses by the 4-6 teams this week could really open up that last playoff slot.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

You should have seen the projection spreadsheet I created to decide to go for it. It will be all for not after this week.

Good luck all

Comment

5 teams have clinched with two weeks left in the regular season.

Frae 10-1
                      Westing 9-2
                      Gris 8-3
                      Horns 8-3
                      Hammer 6-5 (technically if he loses out and Jamie wins out he could wind up tied for 6th but he has a 200 point overall point lead so he would win the tiebreaker. I'm putting him in)

I play Rick and can clinch a bye with a win.

Horns and Westing play a big one. If Horns wins he can put the bye up for grabs. If Westing wins he moves that much closer to a bye.

Gris gets Revo and if he wins he will keep his bye hopes alive and setup a big showdown with Frae in week 13. Gris is likely to win tiebrakers against all of the top 4.

Hammer is 6-5 but has over 1500 points so he will have the breaker over everyone chasing him. Hammer plays Mike this week which could put them into a 6-6 tie if Mike wins.

Mike 5-6, Jamie 4-7, and Piney 4-7 are playing for one spot. Mike has 1327, Jamie has 1302, and Piney has 1274.

Mike plays Hammer (6-5) and ElD (3-8)
                      Jamie plays Team Nair (3-8) and Big Tymers (3-8)
                      Piney plays ElD (3-8) and Hammer (6-5)

Jamie has the best team of the 3 on paper but if Mike can win two or hold his points lead while going 1-1 he'd get in. Jamie and Piney probably need to sweep and hope Mike splits and that they can catch him on points.

Good luck!

Comment

I am officially announcing I am dumping for 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                          I am officially announcing I am dumping for 2019.
                          You dropping players then?
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I got a win to get to 11-1 and locked up a bye.

Close one between Hornsby and Westing Game. Steve needs about 9 points from the Houston D to get the win. If not Steve will drop to 4 losses and won't be able to ge tthe bye. If Steve wins Westing, Horns, and Girs will be in a 3-way tie going to the last weekend. Gris would have the total points tiebreaker and would play me in week 13 while Hornsby gets Nair and Westing gets Revo. So on paper they would have the easier matchups. Interesting stuff.

Hammer got another win and continues to hold the total points lead at 7-5.

Piney, SDS, and Jamie all fall into a 3-way tie for the last spot at 5-7. Mike will retain the slimmest total point lead on Jamie for 6th. Piney gets a tough final matchup with Hammer. Jamie gets Rick and SDS gets ElD. In theory, Jamie and SDS should win and it will come down to total points. Note I am guessing on how tonight's results will play out and it is possible Jamie slides past Mike on points with Hopkins going for him, Mike has Watson going. Regardless it is going to be really close.

Comment

I still need 3 points to win tonight so I am not at 5-7 yet. I went into week 6 needing 5 points to win against Hornsby with Alfred Morris going and he got zero touches. This was the week Mostert broke out and started my downward slide. Any given Monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                                I still need 3 points to win tonight so I am not at 5-7 yet. I went into week 6 needing 5 points to win against Hornsby with Alfred Morris going and he got zero touches. This was the week Mostert broke out and started my downward slide. Any given Monday night.
                                True, Corey Davis needs just over 2.5 and Piney goes to 5-7. And we still don't know exactly how the total points will shake out between you guys going into next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X