Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2K18 RJ Play for Pay Discussion Thread

OK, expansion draft is a wrap.

Three questions:
    1 - when do we want to have the draft?
    2 - what to do about the 5th round pick I acquired from John?
    3 - where should the 2 new teams draft?

Re: the 5th rounder, I acquired it knowing John's team was not making the playoffs, so I should be able to have it no worse than the 6th spot in that round, which is where he was going to pick.

Re: the two teams drafting, since neither took over an existing team, but both of those teams were slated to pick in the top 6, I think Mal should get pick 5th and Pete 6th, since Pete got the higher pick in the expansion draft.

no problem with Mal picking ahead of me.

not sure how equitable of a compromise this is, but since neither Mal nor I are taking over a specific team, why not add a supplemental pick for Ed in round 5 so he doesnt get beat for a pick and neither Mal nor I get beat for a pick. where in round 5 you put it would need to be resolved if agreed.

is this a slow draft or a fast one?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Big Leaguer
    That seems fair and I think we have done that in the past.

I think Ed will just need to manually add the player at the end the draft.

I still like the slow draft format.

Slow draft for me as well.

And you acquired the pick in good faith, so as far as I'm concerned, it's yours.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    Slow draft for me as well.

And you acquired the pick in good faith, so as far as I'm concerned, it's yours.
    Thanks, but my question is where it should be in Rd 5. As I posted earlier, I acquired the pick knowing John was out of it, and he ended up 6th. I guess we'll leave it as 6, and I'll just add the player as a supplement.

As far as the draft, let's start coming up with a date. My pick is the morning of Monday, August 27th. That's after the 3rd pre-season game, and will give us 10 days to draft.

draft date start sounds good. We usually fly through in 1 week.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

I am good with that draft date.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Also, can someone pay for the website before the price goes up again? It's $159, and when whoever collects the money gets most of it, they'll reimburse you for the difference. I think Piney paid for it last year.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Also, can someone pay for the website before the price goes up again? It's $159, and when whoever collects the money gets most of it, they'll reimburse you for the difference. I think Piney paid for it last year.
    I paid. Happy to collect the $ as I have PayPal.
    Last edited by schlesinj; 07-04-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Big Leaguer
    Draft order, so if I am reading Ed's post correctly we are making Mal #5 and Pete #6 and then moving the non playoff teams up a spot. Based on this the expected draft order looks like this?

1. Schlesinj
    2. Piney Boy
    3. Griz
    4. Non Alcoholic
    5. Team Nair (Mal)
    6. Golden Tate Warriors (Hammer)
    7. Hornsby
    8. Westing
    9. Big Tymer
    10. Bene Futius
    11. Yacht Rockers
    12. Frae