C. Seager and Bellinger for 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C. Seager and Bellinger for 2019

I am out of it and have the opportunity to buy one or both. What kind of production can be reasonably expected from them in 2019?
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

From everything I've read, Seager should be ready for the start of the year in 2019. Say he has to knock some rust off, has a slow April again, but then cranks up to 2017-like production would be my best guess.

Bellinger....phew. Much wider potential range of outcomes there. If i could get him on the cheap right now, I'd admittedly do it. There's huge upside talent there, and he'll only be 23 in July.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Gleyber had TJ mid-June last year and came back no problem this year so I don't see why Seager wouldn't be able to hit the ground running. He should be cleared for ST so he'd have plenty of time to knock the rust off.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Gleyber had TJ mid-June last year and came back no problem this year so I don't see why Seager wouldn't be able to hit the ground running. He should be cleared for ST so he'd have plenty of time to knock the rust off.
        Gleyber had TJ surgery on his NON-throwing arm though.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Zack Cozart also had surgery on his non-throwing shoulder. Mike Aviles is probably the best recovery example I can find. Here were his thoughts about the rehab:

"Around 7 ½ months I was playing in spring training games, and that was kind of rare," Aviles said. "I still wasn't able to play shortstop, but I was able to play second because my throws just didn't have the extra carry that I needed.

"I felt fully healed one the season started, but you could still feel as the months went on that your arm continued to get stronger. I would say right around the year mark is when I felt completely, fully, fully back to normal."
          https://www.overthemonster.com/2012/...rom-tommy-john

I think Seager should be able to return to solid hitting form, but a slow start to 2019 is not out of the question. I do have concerns that the Dodgers might shift him to 2B or possibly 1B to minimize the number of hard throws that he needs to make. That would cause some issues with a dynasty team of mine (which is down to just Addison Russell and waiver wire fodder at SS for now).

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Whoops. Not even sure how that happens but okay.

The Dodgers do have enough versatility where they could ease Seager back in at 1B - Bellinger to CF, Taylor to SS, FA at 2B (or maybe Muncy?). They'd probably prefer to go with their normal configuration since they would be playing 3 or 4 players out of their best position, but to get Seager's bat in the line-up I think they'd make it work for a month or two, especially since they could just shuffle things back around when he's ready for SS.

Comment

I don't know, but a rival this year had farm contracts of Seager 5, Bellinger 5, Story 5

that's not right
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 08-06-2018, 08:35 PM.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Dodgers say SS Corey Seager will have arthroscopic surgery on left hip tomorrow. Already recovering from Tommy John surgery. Supposed to be ready for spring training.

Comment

Working...
                X