Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pitchers to drop (NL-only)?

11-team NL-only keeper league

I've got CMart and Desclafani coming off the DL tomorrow although I'm probably going to wait to activate Disco to see if some of these guys' roles become clearer. I've only got one closer right now (Morrow) and it's a pretty tight category so I'm doing all I can to find some more. Just for context, the rest of my pitchers are Strasburg, CMart, Wacha, T. Ross, and Morrow.

Which one to drop right away and which would you assume to be the 2nd drop?

Buchholz - just picked him up in FAAB since he's pitching at SF; he's been lights out so far, has he found the fountain of youth?
    J. Lyles - two okay match-ups coming up (vs. Atl, @StL), has mostly been good since being moved to the rotation
    A. Garrett - putting up great ratios, might be in line for some saves if Iglesias is traded
    E. Ramos - Philly closing situation still unsettled; sparkling ERA and K numbers but high walk total and WHIP only okay
    E. Santana - is Vazquez alright? Would Santana even be the guy if he goes down?
    Jeffress - ridiculously good ratios, might still pick up a save here and there; the go-to option if Knebel struggles or gets hurt again?

Thanks!

OK, from the bottom up:

- Jeffress is not the go-to option if Knebel gets hurt again. If that happens, it'll be the Hader show when he's available, and the Albers/Barnes/Jennings show when Hader's not available. Counsell loves Jeffress in the high-leverage, runners on base situations too much to make him the regular closer.
    - I don't think Santana's the guy if the tattoed one goes down. Given your other MIs, he'd be my first drop. Not that he's bad or anything, but you have more MIs than I think you can use.
    - Betting on what Philly will do with their bullpen is not likely going to be a good bet. That said, I'd hold on Disco as long as you can and see if Ramos at least gets moved into a role where he gets periodic saves. If not, he may be my second cut, unless...
    - Buchholz gets hurt again, either via real injury or a sudden severe case of suckitis. Either is likely.
    -
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

You sure about Jeffress? It was him and Hader getting all the saves once the initial dust cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        You sure about Jeffress? It was him and Hader getting all the saves once the initial dust cleared.
        You could be right. He had one more save than I thought in that time; forgot he went back-to-back in Cinci.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Any other thoughts? I know these aren't sexy names but in a league this deep they could be important.

Comment

I own Knebel-Jeffress (and Albers early), and Neris-Dominguez-ERamos

I think ERamos is toast for SV, but that is your desire so tough there
            I still like Jeffress across the board

I don't like any of your dumpable SP (but look at mine!)
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Was able to trade Garrett so that alleviates the immediate crunch. Hopefully things will clear up with the Pirates and Phillies bullpens in the next week or so and we'll see whether Buchholz/Lyles are worth holding onto as well.

Comment

Working...
              X