a handful of trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a handful of trades

a couple of dump trades in my 10-team AL-only 5x5, deep rosters. The guy who made these trades is a professional fantasy writer so I'm not debating whether they're good, I just want the RJ opinion on whether they're all approximately equally good; I made one of the trades and he did a good job of hitting accept on all of them at the same time so I didn't really see how the market was panning out until it happened, and I keep waffling on whether I did good.

Salary cap is $500 and most teams have about $140 in cap space after the auction, so it's not usually a hindrance until you make your second or third dump deal. Minor leaguers count against your in-season cap but their contracts don't start until they get activated by their owner or until they lose rookie status and they don't count against the $260 auction budget.

Nelson Cruz $28A, Garrett Richards $7X, Avisail Garcia $4B, Cole Hamels $10A
    for Mike Clevinger $5B, Derek Fisher $5A, Ronald Guzman $5/minors, Mychal Givens $10A

Dylan Bundy $12X, Adrian Beltre $24A, Zach Britton $8A
    for Michael Pineda $10A, Jason Groome $6/minors, AJ Puk $11/minors, Brent Honeywell $5/minors, Sam Gaviglio $10A (that's a lot of TJ surgeries)

JD Martinez $46A, Jed Lowrie $10A
    for Jesus Sanchez $5/minors, Forrest Whitley $5/minors, Brock Holt $10A
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

If I'm a dumper, I like the return on deal 1 the best. I like the return on deal 2 the worst. Deal three looks like a fairly solid, pretty even, dump type deal. The dumper gets two pretty front-line minor league players and a marginal throw-in, the manager going for it receives a front-line stud hitter, and an overperformer but possible decent upside guy.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      If I'm a dumper, I like the return on deal 1 the best. I like the return on deal 2 the worst. Deal three looks like a fairly solid, pretty even, dump type deal. The dumper gets two pretty front-line minor league players and a marginal throw-in, the manager going for it receives a front-line stud hitter, and an overperformer but possible decent upside guy.
      Agree, deal 3 makes the most sense overall.

I'd add that deal in 2, while the worst return for the dumper he also gave up the least.

Comment

Working...
      X