Roughned Odor: What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughned Odor: What to do?

He seems to suck at the moment. I know baseball is a game of slumps but this is ridiculous. We can't blame it on the hamstring because he was sucking before and after the injury. I currently have him on my bench in my dynasty league and I'm starting to wonder if he's worth keeping, even in dynasty.

In OBP leagues, he was a team killer last season. If you can trade him, I'd take 60 cents on the dollar.

Comment

If it is a "die-nasty" league, he should be your MVP. Otherwise, take anything you can get for him.

Comment

Finally over the Mendoza line, for the time being anyway.

Comment

Well, he's back to the sucky Odor. This guy goes through more peaks and valleys than anyone I know. He's the kind of player you hate having to deal with, but know you can't drop him. It's a problem when you don't have someone else to plug in.
          Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 04-08-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Small sample, I guess. His SwStr% (swing and miss rate) is up a lot (which is bad) from 10.4% last year to 13.6% this year. It was 12.9% in 2017.

BUT, his O-Swing% (chasing out of the zone) is down from 35.4% to 31.5%.

His Z-Swing% (swinging in the zone) is up from 64.6% to 71.1%.

So he's swinging at less balls, more strikes, and yet missing a lot more when he swings. His contact rate on balls is down from 66.4% to 58.5% and his contact rate on strikes is down from 87.1% to 79.7%. None of that sounds good, but it's still very early.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Small sample, I guess. His SwStr% (swing and miss rate) is up a lot (which is bad) from 10.4% last year to 13.6% this year. It was 12.9% in 2017.

So he's swinging at less balls, more strikes, and yet missing a lot more when he swings. His contact rate on balls is down from 66.4% to 58.5% and his contact rate on strikes is down from 87.1% to 79.7%. None of that sounds good, but it's still very early.
              He seems to be always going down this road every year (up and down, up and down).

Comment

Isn't it too early for any of this to mean anything at all? Those rates don't stabilize this quickly. You mentioned small sample, but I think that answers the whole question. Now he may continue struggling, but it's silly to try to make anything out of 10 games of data.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Isn't it too early for any of this to mean anything at all? Those rates don't stabilize this quickly. You mentioned small sample, but I think that answers the whole question. Now he may continue struggling, but it's silly to try to make anything out of 10 games of data.
                  Things that happen at the pitch level stabilize much more quickly than things at the PA or game level.

We're not there but we might be getting close if K% stabilizes at 60 PA. Link: https://library.fangraphs.com/principles/sample-size/

I don't know where the data is for pitch-level data but maybe I can find it.

Comment

Things that happen at the pitch level stabilize much more quickly than things at the PA or game level.

We're not there but we might be getting close if K% stabilizes at 60 PA. Link: https://library.fangraphs.com/principles/sample-size/

I don't know where the data is for pitch-level data but maybe I can find it.
                    I don't even know what you guys are talking about, all I know is he sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                      I don't even know what you guys are talking about, all I know is he sucks.
                      Haha, where's MITH?

Comment

He was the last decent 2b left in my auction so I ended up with this odiferous piece of shit on my team
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

When is Odor eligible to come off the IL? He's doing baseball activities now, taking grounders, jogging, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                            When is Odor eligible to come off the IL? He's doing baseball activities now, taking grounders, jogging, etc.
                            They need to make sure he knows how to hit before he is playing again
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              They need to make sure he knows how to hit before he is playing again
                              OK then, it's 2020 or bust.

Comment

Working...
                              X