No announcement yet.

Roughned Odor: What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still thinks he's still worth holding on to?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
      Anyone still thinks he's still worth holding on to?
      Yeah, he's gonna hit that hot streak where he smacks a bunch of homers in a short span...he's also likely to steal a few bags. Maybe watch and see if you can time the streak, easier said than done, I know. I've got the same dilemma...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Yeah, he's gonna hit that hot streak where he smacks a bunch of homers in a short span...he's also likely to steal a few bags. Maybe watch and see if you can time the streak, easier said than done, I know. I've got the same dilemma...
        I've been waiting for almost 2 months since my last post. He did have that ONE week where he hit a few homers, but I'm not sure it's worth it at this point. You gotta get more that he's providing to justify a roster spot IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if they sent him down if he continues to suck.
        Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 06-02-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

They spent so much time working on his strike zone that they screwed up his timing. All things end. He's too good a hitter to be this bad forever.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            They spent so much time working on his strike zone that they screwed up his timing. All things end. He's too good a hitter to be this bad forever.

J
            I'm not so sure how good of a hitter he is. His avg is no better than .250 on a good year and his BB to K ratio is atrocious. He's probably good for 20+ hrs and 70 runs on a good year but I doubt he ever comes close to 100 rbis in any year and even though he will get you double digit steals, he sure is caught a lot as well. He's one of those players you hate to drop because of the thin 2b position and his age, but you also hate owning him. Or at least I sure as hell do.

Comment

I'm tired of him and gladly washed my hands. I dropped him for prospect Malcom Nunez 3B Cardinals.

Comment

I'm tired of him and gladly washed my hands. I dropped him for prospect Malcom Nunez 3B Cardinals.
                And on que he goes 3 for 4 with 3 RBI and a SB.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  And on que he goes 3 for 4 with 3 RBI and a SB.
                  I don’t care. Two or three week slumps I can deal with, but this guy has two and three month slumps. It just isn’t worth it.

Comment

he stole home tonight, down 8-5 with two outs in the 8th - and scored easily off the snoozing A's lefty Buchter
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      he stole home tonight, down 8-5 with two outs in the 8th - and scored easily off the snoozing A's lefty Buchter
                      He will now retreat back to the closet until October.

Comment

Unless of course you were the reason for his slump...just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Unless of course you were the reason for his slump...just sayin.
                          You may be on to something there

Comment

Why? That's not what he typically does. He heats up in the summer months. Career .195/.272/.328 hitter in April/March. .265/.312/.459 in June. .298/.338/.552 in July.

Were people who drafted him really surprised by an early season struggle by a player who always struggles out of the gates?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Why? That's not what he typically does. He heats up in the summer months. Career .195/.272/.328 hitter in April/March. .265/.312/.459 in June. .298/.338/.552 in July.

Were people who drafted him really surprised by an early season struggle by a player who always struggles out of the gates?
                              Nothing is ever a guarantee with Odor. I'll just leave him to be someone else's problem. I doubt I'll miss him too much, even with an uptick in production.

Comment

Nothing is ever a guarantee with Odor.
                                Not sure what that even means.

I'll just leave him to be someone else's problem. I doubt I'll miss him too much, even with an uptick in production.
                                That's fine, and I don't blame you for dropping him, I just don't understand why you would have acquired him in the first place if that's your mentality. He has struggled mightily to start the season, exactly as you should have expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X