Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Not sure what that even means.

That's fine, and I don't blame you for dropping him, I just don't understand why you would have acquired him in the first place if that's your mentality. He has struggled mightily to start the season, exactly as you should have expected.
    What we expect and what we hope for can be two different things.

He has the talent and surrounding experts to fix this, yet he doesn't.

Comment

Not sure what that even means.

That's fine, and I don't blame you for dropping him, I just don't understand why you would have acquired him in the first place if that's your mentality. He has struggled mightily to start the season, exactly as you should have expected.
      I've had him for several years. The breakup was amicable.

Comment

If it's any consolation, Odor's June BA is in line with his career numbers. The May BABIP was sub .200. Perhaps it just returned to normal.

It's a slump. When you are in a slump it isn't that you don't work hard enough, it's that you work too hard.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          If it's any consolation, Odor's June BA is in line with his career numbers. The May BABIP was sub .200. Perhaps it just returned to normal.

It's a slump. When you are in a slump it isn't that you don't work hard enough, it's that you work too hard.

J
          Then he works too hard months at a time, multiple years. It would have been nice if he worked hard weeks at a time instead of months.

Comment

Why? That's not what he typically does. He heats up in the summer months. Career .195/.272/.328 hitter in April/March. .265/.312/.459 in June. .298/.338/.552 in July.

Were people who drafted him really surprised by an early season struggle by a player who always struggles out of the gates?
            I just want to thank you for posting the career numbers by month. I have used it in a failed trade attempt (with other pieces) already and plan to use it until I get a deal done.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
              Then he works too hard months at a time, multiple years. It would have been nice if he worked hard weeks at a time instead of months.
              Pretty much. There's a story about Yogi Berra. The manager thought he was hitting too many foul ball HR and told a coach to help Yogi work on his swing. Success. Berra stopped hit even foul ball HR.

I know that the team has worked hard to get Odor to show strike zone judgement, which has improved his BB/9 and his K/BB. My thought is it has put too much hesitation in his reactions. This disrupts the flow of a swing, robs power, etc. Getting the timing back is tricky at best.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Pretty much. There's a story about Yogi Berra. The manager thought he was hitting too many foul ball HR and told a coach to help Yogi work on his swing. Success. Berra stopped hit even foul ball HR.

I know that the team has worked hard to get Odor to show strike zone judgement, which has improved his BB/9 and his K/BB. My thought is it has put too much hesitation in his reactions. This disrupts the flow of a swing, robs power, etc. Getting the timing back is tricky at best.

J
                Yet real good players don't seem to have this problem as much as Odor, or for as long of periods.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                  Yet real good players don't seem to have this problem as much as Odor, or for as long of periods.
                  So he's just a good player that is prone to slow starts. As long as you are aware going, that should not be an issue.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

So he's just a good player that is prone to slow starts. As long as you are aware going, that should not be an issue.
                    J
                    Roster space is too valuable when you can roster minors prospects

Comment

Dropped him weeks ago, guy picks him up and drops him, now he's on my team again when I dropped Howie Kendrick because of lack of playing time. I can't seem to get rid of this guy !!!! Thankfully I have Isan Diaz and Videl Brujan waiting in the wings. Someday I tell you, someday I'm not going to have Odor on my team Of course his power numbers aren't bad, but that BA sure is. Odor is who we thought he was I guess. As long as his numbers are decent for everything except BA I can live with it until I don't have to. Rougned Odor is like being married to an ugly wife, but she can cook well on occasion.
                      Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 07-14-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

That ugly wife sure has been cookin up a storm lately! He's on one of his patented hot streaks, 5 HRs in his last 6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          That ugly wife sure has been cookin up a storm lately! He's on one of his patented hot streaks, 5 HRs in his last 6 games.
                          ....and he got that BA to .204 !!!!

Streakiest hitter I've ever seen.
                          Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 07-24-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Slumping again. 4 hits and a 7:13 BB:K in 29 AB over his last 9 games.

Comment

I washed my hands of him ...... AGAIN..... I'd rather go with Solak during my playoffs. At least he won't kill your BA. I read today where the Rangers' manager said their will be open competition for 2B in 2020. Sounds to me like they are tiring of Odor as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X