2018: Rich Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018: Rich Hill

I finally gave up on him in my dynasty league (no salaries) and sent him to the waiver wire.

Rich Hill: Lengthy absence likely due to blister issue
    Posted on May 19, 2018 at 9:06 PM

NEWS UPDATE

Hill is expected to miss significant time after his blister ripped open during Saturday's start against the Nationals, Pedro Moura of The Athletic Los Angeles reports. "This is as bad as I've seen it," manager Dave Roberts said.

ROTOWIRE FANTASY ANALYSIS

Hill's troublesome history with blisters on his pitching hand resurfaced Saturday as he lasted just two pitches before being pulled. The Dodgers haven't officially place Hill on the disabled list, but Roberts alluded to the veteran needing a rehab assignment before he can get back on a major league mound. With that, look for Hill to be sidelined for some time and for the Dodgers to make the official roster move before Sunday's series finale.

Out at least 4 weeks. At 38 years old and something always wrong with him physically, I'm done with him on my team.

Dodgers placed LHP Rich Hill on the 10-day disabled list with a left middle finger blister.

Manager Dave Roberts said Sunday that Hill will be sidelined for at least four weeks, as the team wants to give him plenty of rest in hopes that the blister will heal. Blisters have been an ongoing concern for Hill for years, of course, and he remains a very risky health bet moving forward. It's unclear at this point who will take his spot in the rotation.

Comment

That why I can never commit to spending the amount it took to get him. He went for wasteful $21 in our league. Last season was the most IP since 2007. I'm sure when he comes back he will pitch a handful of games where he is good. What is the worth for that?

Comment

also $21 in our league

MLB IP/ ERA+
        2005 - 24, 49
        2006 - 99, 111
        2007 - 195, 118
        2008 - 20, 112
        2009 - 58, 59
        2010 - 4 scoreless
        2011 - 8 scoreless
        2012 - 20, 234
        2013 - 39, 61
        2014 - 5, 130
        2015 - 29, 280
        2016 - 110, 193
        2017 - 136, 126
        2018 - 25, 62

to be fair, he did qualify for the ERA title..... in 2007
        his 2008-14 combined would not be enough

career 109 ERA+
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          That why I can never commit to spending the amount it took to get him. He went for wasteful $21 in our league. Last season was the most IP since 2007. I'm sure when he comes back he will pitch a handful of games where he is good. What is the worth for that?
          Yep.

He went for $19 in our 12 NL only 5x5.

Comment

He's generally a good pitcher for 100-120 innings. Pay for anything more than that, and you are asking for trouble.

Comment

With Rich Hill returning, who's place does he take, or does he go to the bullpen?

Comment

Kershaw with a rehab start coming Saturday; he may be back in the Dodgers rotation late next week

I expect them to mix and match; Stripling for example can't pitch every 5th day the rest of the year

2018 ERA+s (6+ starts) are: Stripling 216, Ryu-DL 181, Buehler-DL 145, Kershaw-DL 138, Maeda 105, AWood 90, Hill-DL 62

Ryu will miss the most time
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                  With Rich Hill returning
                  Does he have to?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Does he have to?
                    Just for a couple of starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Kershaw with a rehab start coming Saturday; he may be back in the Dodgers rotation late next week

I expect them to mix and match; Stripling for example can't pitch every 5th day the rest of the year

2018 ERA+s (6+ starts) are: Stripling 216, Ryu-DL 181, Buehler-DL 145, Kershaw-DL 138, Maeda 105, AWood 90, Hill-DL 62

Ryu will miss the most time
                      Anyone really think Hill won't have another blister issue? This guy cannot get over blister issues for long term. Perhaps the bullpen is the best place for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Just for a couple of starts.
                        Remember when you wrote this in June of 2018? Then you just had to buy him at this years NL only 12 team keeper for $8. You thought you had a good deal. You even waited past the trade deadline and FAAB deadline hanging on to him. You just knew he would come back strong in Sept. You finally put him in your lineup this week. He lasted just two-thirds of an inning in his return to the mound Thursday before injuring his left knee. He is going for an MRI. Have you learned your lesson? What will you pay for him in auction next year? How about you bring him up early for a buck? And then be quiet... You haven't learned anything have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Remember when you wrote this in June of 2018? Then you just had to buy him at this years NL only 12 team keeper for $8. You thought you had a good deal. You even waited past the trade deadline and FAAB deadline hanging on to him. You just knew he would come back strong in Sept. You finally put him in your lineup this week. He lasted just two-thirds of an inning in his return to the mound Thursday before injuring his left knee. He is going for an MRI. Have you learned your lesson? What will you pay for him in auction next year? How about you bring him up early for a buck? And then be quiet... You haven't learned anything have you?
                          I think he'll be a good value next year.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            I think he'll be a good value next year.
                            Pretty sure these same exact words have been uttered every year since 2007 by non-Rich Hill owners.

Comment

Working...
                            X