#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing a sandwich. So sickening.

The video shows 16-year-old Cornelius Fredericks pushed to the floor before staff members at Lakeside Academy in Kalamazoo begin to hold him down.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Something tells me this was not because he was black. Most of the staffers in the video are also black. And, there were plenty of other black teens in the video not being abused. Of course it's an outrage that this happened, but don't post it to make it fit a narrative you want to push. This is a clear sign of poor training, and the facility and staffers should be sued.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFurious View Post
        Something tells me this was not because he was black. Most of the staffers in the video are also black. And, there were plenty of other black teens in the video not being abused. Of course it's an outrage that this happened, but don't post it to make it fit a narrative you want to push. This is a clear sign of poor training, and the facility and staffers should be sued.
        So racism in America is a "narrative I want to push"?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Something tells me this was not because he was black. Most of the staffers in the video are also black. And, there were plenty of other black teens in the video not being abused. Of course it's an outrage that this happened, but don't post it to make it fit a narrative you want to push. This is a clear sign of poor training, and the facility and staffers should be sued.
          I think there's a difference between, "there's a black kid, let's get 'em!" and a general sense that there are people in society that deserve less respect and care from people of authority.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Everything is not about race. This case happened to be a black boy, but it is clear his race didn't come into play with the staffers. The video doesn't show what happened before he threw the sandwich and why there were several of the staffers already around him. I agree the reaction was over the top and uncalled for. It didn't need to be posted in this thread where legitimate complaints/incidents about racist behavior occur and should be called out.

Comment

Everything is not about race. This case happened to be a black boy, but it is clear his race didn't come into play with the staffers. The video doesn't show what happened before he threw the sandwich and why there were several of the staffers already around him. I agree the reaction was over the top and uncalled for. It didn't need to be posted in this thread where legitimate complaints/incidents about racist behavior occur and should be called out.
              Well it kind of is right now.

The question is, not if the child deserved it, but whether they were more inclined to react to the child in the manner that they did because he was black when they probably would have reacted differently if he were white. The color of the perpetrators in this incident is irrelevant, it's the systemic acceptance of abuse towards people of color versus letting white people off easy is the issue which you seem to be missing.

DMT is right, this is a #whileblack issue
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The devil's advocates plea, "you don't know that incident was racist", is the stupidest, most pointless enterprise i can imagine in life.

I'm leaving the racist city I live in because of the overt racism, and I hear this pathetic plea all of the time... "you don't know it was racist".... I'm fucking sick of it. What does saying that about any incident accomplish, EVER?! It says "my sensitivity around listening to you describe racism is greater than my sensitivity towards the real life racism happening."... to deny racism as a motive in ANY case being portrayed in the media as racist, when you have no personal connection or additional info, makes you an asshole. Puts you on the side of defending racism. So I'm sick of it. Shut that garbage down.

After George Floyd was murdered I heard the same disgusting devil's advocate bullshit. "Floyd wasn't murdered because he was Black, as Chauvin had held a white lady on the ground the same way before this incident.".... someone said this fucking TRASH to my face. I heard it before that regarding many many racist incidents in my city, including several abuses by police and race-based murder being defended with the same pathetic plea, "you don't know that was based on race"... this includes an incident where 4 white teens drove past an Indigenous woman, threw a trailer hitch at her, and she died from the injuries. Despite the racist teens yelling "I got one!" after hitting her, many folks still summoned the bile to spew the line "you don't know it was racist."

Just know the company you reside in when you let loose that plea, "you don't know that murdered child was based on race". You may not be a racist, but your argument is absolutely commonplace among racists.

Is it clicking in yet why arguing against racism as a motivator is a very dumb thing to do?
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Trying to buy gas?

When Dom DeWeese entered Jay’s Garage in Portland, Oregon, all he wanted was some gas for his lawn mower. What he didn’t expect was for the employee to ask him if he was a “Black …

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    All people should be treated as "innocent until proven guilty". Racists think that it is the other way around for anyone who has a different skin color than them. SMH.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Here is a new one: shopping while black, even when you are not, in fact, black: https://twitter.com/giselefetterman/...19117919383552

That is the short video that the 2nd lady of PA captured, after that woman called her the N-word and shouted she didn't belong in the store and chased her outside. Here is a link to a story on it: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ha...aau?li=BBorjTa

"While she waited in line, she said, a woman recognized her as the wife of Lt. Gov. John Fetterman (D) and began yelling insults at her, including racist slurs.

“She said, ‘There’s that n-word that Fetterman married. You don’t belong here. No one wants you here. You don’t belong here,’ ” Fetterman, who was born in Brazil, said in an interview with The Washington Post.

Upset and shaken, Fetterman managed to film the woman accosting her again outside her car. She posted a video of the abuse to Twitter Sunday night, along with a description of what happened.

Fetterman, 38, said she has been threatened and insulted before, but never in person. “The fact that she was so comfortable and bold to just do it to my face with an audience … that was really scary,” Fetterman said."

That last bit I bolded gets me the most about this. It is too much to expect to live in a society where people like her exist, but it isn't too much to expect to live in a society that someone like her spouting her bile would get shouted down, that she would be the one chased away in shame. I'd bet that bigot would have kept her gummy trap shut if Fetterman's 6'8" tatted up husband, the Lt Gov had been with her.

BTW, this is a woman who dedicates her life to philanthropy, to addressing food insecurity. I am not much for hierarchies in general. I believe folks to treat each other equally, by and large. But if we are going to have a hierarchy of respect, it should be in relation to the good one does for the world. A woman like that gap toothed racist, who I'd bet has done less good in the world in all her years than Fetterman does in a weekend, is so far below the woman she is trying to run off and fill with shame, she shouldn't even be allowed to look her in the eye.
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-12-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Here is a new one: shopping while black, even when you are not, in fact, black: https://twitter.com/giselefetterman/...19117919383552

That is the short video that the 2nd lady of PA captured, after that woman called her the N-word and shouted she didn't belong in the store and chased her outside. Here is a link to a story on it: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ha...aau?li=BBorjTa

"While she waited in line, she said, a woman recognized her as the wife of Lt. Gov. John Fetterman (D) and began yelling insults at her, including racist slurs.

“She said, ‘There’s that n-word that Fetterman married. You don’t belong here. No one wants you here. You don’t belong here,’ ” Fetterman, who was born in Brazil, said in an interview with The Washington Post.

Upset and shaken, Fetterman managed to film the woman accosting her again outside her car. She posted a video of the abuse to Twitter Sunday night, along with a description of what happened.

Fetterman, 38, said she has been threatened and insulted before, but never in person. “The fact that she was so comfortable and bold to just do it to my face with an audience … that was really scary,” Fetterman said."

That last bit I bolded gets me the most about this. It is too much to expect to live in a society where people like her exist, but it isn't too much to expect to live in a society that someone like her spouting her bile would get shouted down, that she would be the one chased away in shame. I'd bet that bigot would have kept her gummy trap shut if Fetterman's 6'8" tatted up husband, the Lt Gov had been with her.

BTW, this is a woman who dedicates her life to philanthropy, to addressing food insecurity. I am not much for hierarchies in general. I believe folks to treat each other equally, by and large. But if we are going to have a hierarchy of respect, it should be in relation to the good one does for the world. A woman like that gap toothed racist, who I'd bet has done less good in the world in all her years than Fetterman does in a weekend, is so far below the woman she is trying to run off and fill with shame, she shouldn't even be allowed to look her in the eye.
                        WT literal F is wrong with some of the people in this country?
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          WT literal F is wrong with some of the people in this country?
                          Right? They should just stay in Brazil where they belong!
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            Right? They should just stay in Brazil where they belong!
                            I knew I should have been more specific.
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• It should just be legal to hit Racists in the head with anything you might have handy.

I know, I know violence doesn't solve a thing, but in the moment--it'd sure make me feel better.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Did you see the one where the White bitch threw her puppy at a Black guy after verbally harassing him for a few long minutes? Not gonna post it but it's as gross as it sounds.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X