#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Wow, you just love to tear down other people don't you? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Madducks pointed out there must be more to the story which would lead to the school being partially culpable AS WELL. He was 100% correct, they involved the police because the 11 year old special needs kid brushed up against the principal and they called it "assault". They should not have ever needed to call the police.

I posted an article that was trashing that notion noting that at most they she brushed by the principal and they put assault in quotes because of how silly it is.

And somehow that makes me "defending the cops action"???? What the actual hell.

You are either incredibly stupid, or just incredibly hateful towards other people here who don't deserve it and you are so interested in tearing people down that you make up your own narrative in order to insult others. It's absolutely gross and you need to stop.

I work with special needs kids regularly and the second I saw this article it upset me immensely. I can't stand the actions of the police and I can't stand the actions of the school. It's reprehensible, and everyone involved should be re-thinking if they can handle the responsibilities they have been given in their respective positions. The cop should be prosecuted for assault.

But aside from that, the fact that you want turn it around on me for posting a link to the first google result about this incident - an article that pointed out the facts, which to any sane person suggest that the school should be embarrassed for even calling the cop - is disgusting. You owe Madducks an apology and you owe me one too. That's grotesque that you would post something like that. Absolutely grotesque.
    Ken, did you miss my edit, where I say that I misread the earlier posts?

I was stoned and mis-read the intent of Madducks' question, as well as Ken's reply. I edited my post to reflect that although media often publishes the lies of police, and those lies are often taken at face value, that wasn't the case here.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Ken, did you miss my edit, where I say that I misread the earlier posts?

I was stoned and mis-read the intent of Madducks' question, as well as Ken's reply. I edited my post to reflect that although media often publishes the lies of police, and those lies are often taken at face value, that wasn't the case here.
      I saw your edit to a subsequent post saying you "may have jumped the gun".

I'd still request that you take a moment and consider carefully what is written before you try to tear down the others here. We're not your enemy man.
      Last edited by Ken; 10-28-2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• So sickening.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          It is. This is why we have the highest incarceration rates in the world. I am for judge flexibility as generally better than mandatory sentrncing minimums, but this is the bad side of giving that descertion.

Comment

• Let's go back to the old days! Riding an empty train while black:

The head of the NAACP's Legal Defense and Educational Fund is looking for answers after she claims an Amtrak employee asked her to give up her seat on the train to accommodate someone else, on the weekend of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Sherrilyn Ifill garnered support on social media Friday after she tweeted about the incident, claiming a conductor asked her to move with no explanation on her train ride out of Washington D.C. to Baltimore on Friday. Although her tweet was liked by nearly 50,000 accounts and retweeted more than 11,000 times, Ifill said she didn't hear back from Amtrak until nearly a full day later.

"There are no assigned seats on this train," she said in her original tweet Friday. "The conductor has asked me to leave my seat because she has 'other people coming who she wants to give this seat.' Can you please explain?"

Ifill wrote that when she later spoke to the agent who asked her to move and the lead conductor, they said "she wanted to keep empty seats at the front," apparently contradicting what she told Ifill earlier.

"I laid out the facts and made clear that I know that it is absolutely contrary to policy and unacceptable to pick one passenger from an unassigned seat and demand she move," Ifill said in a tweet thread Friday.

My close friend is the CFO for the NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund.....I'll have to ask him his thoughts on this, as this is his boss.

Comment

• And my hometown school district (for which I used to be Chief Operating Officer and Board Secretary) makes it to The Root for all the wrong reasons! Oy.

I give you, speaking at a public Board of Education meeting while Black...

Parents in a New Jersey school district began calling for the resignation of an interim superintendent after the school board official allegedly said he doesn’t mind racist teachers. When the superintendent further offended residents by whitesplaining that he was not racist because his family employed black…

Comment

• Working at the Olive Garden while black:

"The Italian restaurant chain Olive Garden has fired one of its outlet's manager for allegedly complying with a customer's request not to be served by black staff members.

Last Saturday, a female customer at its restaurant in Evansville, Indiana, asked for some hot water, and then took exception to the staff serving her.

Amira Donahue, who was the hostess on duty, told ABC affiliate WEHT that the customer "asked for a server who wasn't black."

"The manager complied and I do agree that was a bad decision at the moment but there was a better way that could have been handled," she said."
                A customer at the restaurant in Evansville, Indiana, asked to be served by a white staff member in an alleged racist incident that Olive Garden is investigating.

Comment

• Jogger in Ga gets shot to death by two rednecks who thought he looked like a guy reported to be robbing houses in the area--the video is fucking awful, looks like they were hunting him and killed him.

These fuckers should get theirs. I'm so damn tired of this shit.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Jogger in Ga gets shot to death by two rednecks who thought he looked like a guy reported to be robbing houses in the area--the video is fucking awful, looks like they were hunting him and killed him.

These fuckers should get theirs. I'm so damn tired of this shit.
                    They're not even in jail, it's fucking ridiculous.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      They're not even in jail, it's fucking ridiculous.
                      If you used to be a cop, I guess you have a permanent licence to hunt and kill, at least black men in Georgia. Based on the facts presented so far, if these two are not sentenced for murder it will be a great travesty of justice. The laws that allow people to stalk others like vigilantes prowling, stop them, command they obey them or be shot and killed are absolutely ridiculous. Any stand your ground or self-defense laws much be rewritten to preclude people from leaving their property and engage or pursue others. Hunting around their neighbor looking for a black man like it is the purge in February and still not being in jail, it just boggles the mind, COVID-19 or not.

Comment

• Both father and son arrested now and charged w murder and aggravated assault, after a video of the incident was supposedly leaked.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          Both father and son arrested now and charged w murder and aggravated assault, after a video of the incident was supposedly leaked.
                          A month and a half plus a week public outcry later.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            A month and a half plus a week public outcry later.
                            Better late than never. Much more crucial to me than 6 weeks of freedom will be what happens now. Will justice be served? I hope so. I try to remind myself that the light is a great disinfectant, and we are seeing more now because we have more things brought to the light. Whenever it seems like this sort of thing is happening more than it used to, and the idea of our regression depresses me, I remember how much more often this sort of thing happened, and how much more people got away with it, before it was caught on camera. For a second, that gives me comfort for our future, but it also makes me sadder for our past.

Comment

• Wearing a coronavirus mask:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Wearing a coronavirus mask:

https://abc7chicago.com/6156129/
                                surprised it took that long.

I read an interview with a black man up here debating with his family whether to wear a mask in public - the quote was "I don't want to die, but you know on the other hand, I don't want to die ... "
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X