#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    That person would likely be killed so no.
    What if it were a White person who puled the gun and if needed, used it to stop the cop from killing the POC.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      What if it were a White person who puled the gun and if needed, used it to stop the cop from killing the POC.
      Again, you pull a gun on a cop and you're likely to end up killed, regardless of your race.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Again, you pull a gun on a cop and you're likely to end up killed, regardless of your race.
        Agree, I've never heard of a situation where someone pulled a gun on a cop and lived.

Comment

Agreed, just spitballing here.

So what is the solution? Excecated any cop found guilty of murder? Imprison other cops who sit by and do nothing or assist in any cover up?

I know more money to LE would be a nice start, better training--stop taking any cadets who fail Psych tests for bigotry or aggression.

Body and Dash cams always on and streaming to an independent source to assure accountability? Suspension or termination for anyone found NOT using or turning them cams off?

There HAS to be a way to stop this shit--otherwise I'm afraid you'll see my original thought actually happen and then it'll be too far to come back from.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Agree, I've never heard of a situation where someone pulled a gun on a cop and lived.
            The Bundy's did it a few years back.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Bundy's did it a few years back.
              I swear I saw a video of one of them getting shot? In the snow on the side of the road, right? I may be mixing it up with some other idiot though.

Comment

Agree, it's been around quite a while and had no specific reference to racism to my knowledge.
                yeah, Karen = Entitlement, not racism. Karen's the chick who asks for the manager at McDonalds because her kid got the wrong toy in their happy meal, or whatever.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I swear I saw a video of one of them getting shot? In the snow on the side of the road, right? I may be mixing it up with some other idiot though.
                  I was talking about the first incident in NV not the Oregon one where a guy did indeed get shot.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The 4 Minneapolis cops who were involved in the death of that African American man were just fired.
                    I lost faith in convictions for murders who happen to have the badge on during the murder when they cop got away with driving up on that 12 year old holding a fake gun and murdering him without saying a word, just rolled up and shot him. He got off. That was my Sandy Hook moment for LEO. Sandy Hook proved Americans care more about their right to bear arms than the lives of their children. That case proved that even in the 21st century, LEO can get away with murder that is caught on video.

I want to believe this POS won't, simply because even the most ardent LEO's will see the full video hear and not be able to say, heat of the moment, adreneline, etc. This man had several minutes during which to calm himself from whatever confrontation might have occurred prior to the video. And he took that time to calmly press his knee down with all his wait onto a man that first begged him for breath, then stopped speaking and moving, and he still kept at it, minute after minute, while onlookers begged and demanded he get off the dying man. And his brothers in blue all stood watch and made sure no one could interfere.

As someone who is sympathetic, to a degree, of acts by LEOs in the split second of combat and a fire fight (and as I've tried to say in TW's thread, you can't judge a whole group by the bad actions of a few), I don't see how a human being on the planet can see this and do anything but convict this man and his fellow officers of murder. The fact that they knew they were being taped and still continued to do this is mind boggling to me.
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-26-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      The fact that they knew they were being taped and still continued to do this is mind boggling to me.
                      Due to history of these types of cases...they probably weren't that worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Her employer, Franklin Templeton Investments, has fired her, and a local activist group has asked Mayor DeBlasio to ban her permanently from Central Park. I do not feel bad for her, as she clearly was trying to harm this gentleman's life, so karma turned around on her. Sad!

BTW, the new slang for white women calling the cops on black people for mild nuisances is "Karen," lol. She's been dubbed the "Central Park Karen."
                        One of my college friends apparently is close with the guy who made the video, as they both were editors at Marvel Comics in the 1990s.

Just FYI, that guy, Christian Cooper (no relation to Amy Cooper, who is the Central Park Karen) is also a Harvard University grad.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          One of my college friends apparently is close with the guy who made the video, as they both were editors at Marvel Comics in the 1990s.

Just FYI, that guy, Christian Cooper (no relation to Amy Cooper, who is the Central Park Karen) is also a Harvard University grad.
                          I've only seen this in passing and haven't spent the time on it that it deserves. What was the issue with this one that made it blow up so much?

Comment

I've only seen this in passing and haven't spent the time on it that it deserves. What was the issue with this one that made it blow up so much?
                            Because she weaponized calling 911 since she was upset that he told her to leash her dog in a birding sanctuary within Central Park. She feigned panic on the call as well, knowing it'd be more likely to draw a police response. Fuck her, glad her life is ruined.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Because she weaponized calling 911 since she was upset that he told her to leash her dog in a birding sanctuary within Central Park. She feigned panic on the call as well, knowing it'd be more likely to draw a police response. Fuck her, glad her life is ruined.
                              Yeah. She used her white privilege that cops would instantly believe a panicky white woman was being harassed by a black man, which she made sure to point out in the call. She used that fact against this man, putting his life in danger, all because she didn't want to leash her dog, which was in fact against the rules.

FYI, she was forced to give up the dog as well, which apparently she had recently adopted.

Comment

• Thanks for the additional info!

Comment

Working...
                                X