#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Just another Wednesday in post-racist America.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-a-black-man/
    It's sad. Why didn't the staff just try talking with the man? Why didn't the police let the visitation continue after they arrived? Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      It's sad. Why didn't the staff just try talking with the man? Why didn't the police let the visitation continue after they arrived? Ugh.
      Because they're racists. And...because they're racists.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• From Michael Harriot at The Root:

First, we must agree that racism has nothing to do with “belief,” intent or animosity. It is the result of actions and policies that create and perpetuate racism. The grand delusion that one can only be racist if there is hate in one’s heart is the biggest myth of white supremacy and one of the largest reasons it still exists.

The reason poor black children are more likely to attend underfunded schools is the result of the legacy of segregation, redlining and government policy. Black people convicted of the same crimes as whites receive longer sentences partly because of resource allocation disparities in legal representation. Implicit biases and lack of training are part of the reason black men are three times more likely to be killed by police.

Black children born to wealthy black parents have a lower chance at economic success than white children born to poor parents. Black students are punished more harshly than white students who commit the same offenses. Black workers with the same education and experience are paid less.

This. Is. Racism.

And none of this has to do with intent, belief or animosity. In theory, it might be useful to eliminate hate, intentional bias and anti-black sentiment. But it is impossible to measure the feelings of teachers, landlords, school administrators, judges, juries and employers. What matters is their actions.

Furthermore, non-white people could care less about how white people feel inside.

Dear white people: Feel free to hate me with the white-hot passion of a thousand suns as long as you feel free to treat everyone equally. The narcissistic Caucasian notion that black people have been fighting all this time so that white people would have positive feelings towards non-whites fuels the idiotic notion that perpetuates racism because it allows the people playing keep-away with equality to concentrate inwardly instead of actually doing the hard work required to correct the persistent problems of white supremacy.
        In theory, I am the Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Harriot, Ph.D., a great husband and father who gave up a lucrative career in music to spend more time with my family.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          Good article, thanks for sharing.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Meanwhile the HS kids in Wisconsin who posed for a photo giving a nazi salute will go unpunished. I truly despise anyone who claims racism no longer exists.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• while kids that kneel for the anthem are punished, fuck that shit
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Meanwhile the HS kids in Wisconsin who posed for a photo giving a nazi salute will go unpunished. I truly despise anyone who claims racism no longer exists.
                So here is my question - and I want to start this off by stating I dont believe that kids should be throwing out the Nazi salute. Its usage speaks to the fact that they likely have very little understanding of what actually happened in WWII - there may be some racists in there and then there are probably some that think its funny. It's not funny!

That said - what would you think their punishment should be. Im much more inclined to allow someone to use their free speech and come off as an ass and letting the public ridicule take over. What can a public school do that would not infringe on their right to free speech?
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  while kids that kneel for the anthem are punished, fuck that shit
                  Kids should be allowed to kneel - just so you know I am being consistent.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                    So here is my question - and I want to start this off by stating I dont believe that kids should be throwing out the Nazi salute. Its usage speaks to the fact that they likely have very little understanding of what actually happened in WWII - there may be some racists in there and then there are probably some that think its funny. It's not funny!

That said - what would you think their punishment should be. Im much more inclined to allow someone to use their free speech and come off as an ass and letting the public ridicule take over. What can a public school do that would not infringe on their right to free speech?
                    Tough question, and a good one!

As it's a picture from a graduation, it seems the school has little recourse for punishment. They should use that old teacher's chestnut "this is going into your personal record"... not sure if they could make a notation on their diplomas or personal records, but that might be the extent of their authority...

Really not sure how to fairly punish these idiots.

It's crazy to see that anti-Semitism is such a fashionable joke today. Like that scene from the late 90's movie Cant Hardly Wait, where the jock is made to wear women's underwear, and when he appears at the party, they stop the music to say in harmony, "FAG!"... so it was only 20 years ago that it was fashionable to publicly denigrate gay people. I have faith that culture can change, but it requires the right amount of public discussion and pressure. Not sure how to make anti-Semitism uncool again.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      Not sure how to make anti-Semitism uncool again.
                      It hasnt ever really been uncool - whether you like it or not.

Hell - Bernie was the first Jewish person to win a Presidential primary.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post

5000 word essays on the rise of Nazism in Germany, and 40 hours of community service at VFW halls and Nursing Homes
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Wrestling while black:

"A referee who demanded a high school wrestler chop off his dreadlocks has been banned from calling matches involving athletes from the South Jersey school district.

Video of Andrew Johnson getting a hasty haircut ahead of his wrestling match earlier this week went viral on Twitter Friday, sparking widespread backlash and allegations of racism. He’d been wearing a hair cover at the time, but the referee, Alan Maloney, still gave the Buena Regional high school wrestler an ultimatum — cut off his dreadlocks or forfeit the match.

In a statement obtained by The Inquirer, Buena Regional School District Superintendent David Cappuccio Jr. said neither the school nor the district influenced Johnson’s decision to cut off his dreadlocks, but vowed that they would take “appropriate action” as more details about the incident are made clear."
                          A referee who demanded a high school wrestler chop off his dreadlocks has been banned from calling matches involving athletes from the South Jersey school district. Video of Andrew Johnson getting …

Comment

• Calling one's mom while Black.

Two employees seen on video asking a black guest to leave a Portland, Oregon, hotel after he took a phone call in the lobby have been let go, the facility said Saturday on Twitter.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Working the McDonald's counter while Black.

A viral Facebook video of a man physically assaulting a Florida Mcdonald’s employee had a happy ending when the man was arrested, after the woman generously decided to give her attacker a lifetime supply of Filet-o’-Fist sandwiches.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Owning a dog.

The woman, who has since been dubbed Dog Park Debbie, took issue with Franklin Baxley's dog mounting her dog at the Attleboro Dog Park in Attleboro, Mass.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X