• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    fixed.
    LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      fixed.
      I apologise neighbour, I recognise that the centre of my laboured reply hinged on this humour, and I should have organised it with more colour as such. Bloody Hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I apologise neighbour, I recognise that the centre of my laboured reply hinged on this humour, and I should have organised it with more colour as such. Bloody Hell.
        nicely played.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Today's Episode: "Parking in a White Neighborhood While Black"

A white man was filmed yelling at a black woman after she parked her motorcycle near her home in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston. Police eventually arrived, although the man continued to rant, even in front of authorities.

Wow, the f----ing balls on this racist bastid!

A white man was filmed yelling at a black woman after she parked her motorcycle near her home in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston. Police eventually arrived, although the man continued to rant…

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Today's Episode: "Parking in a White Neighborhood While Black"

A white man was filmed yelling at a black woman after she parked her motorcycle near her home in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston. Police eventually arrived, although the man continued to rant, even in front of authorities.

Wow, the f----ing balls on this racist bastid!

https://nypost.com/video/ill-f-king-...g-while-black/
            At the end of the video - "The neighbor has not been identified yet". I say by noon his name will be all over the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
              At the end of the video - "The neighbor has not been identified yet". I say by noon his name will be all over the news.
              He was already identified as Paul Sheehan, a 54-year old from Boston who works as a welder for Keolis Commuter Services. Keolis operates the MBTA’s commuter rail system under a multi-billion dollar contract with the T.

I suspect he'll be out of a job by this afternoon. Racist bastid.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                He was already identified as Paul Sheehan, a 54-year old from Boston who works as a welder for Keolis Commuter Services. Keolis operates the MBTA’s commuter rail system under a multi-billion dollar contract with the T.

I suspect he'll be out of a job by this afternoon. Racist bastid.
                Imagine that there are racists living in the big city and not just hilly-billy country. Not making light of the situation or any of these situations, but you have this prevailing idea that racism seems to be contained to the Confederate states.
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                  Imagine that there are racists living in the big city and not just hilly-billy country. Not making light of the situation or any of these situations, but you have this prevailing idea that racism seems to be contained to the Confederate states.
                  I'm sorry, WHO has this idea?

If you've read this thread, you would see that many of these empowered-by-Trump racists are from "non-Confederate" states -- the NYC lawyer, the Staten Island muslim basher, the one that started it all, the Oakland CA park ranger.

And if you think that even an area like NYC doesn't have parts that are Trump Country and filled with people with similar thoughts, you're dead wrong. Staten Island is ruby red. So is Suffolk County. So are many areas in Northern NJ....honestly, no idea where you're getting this from at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                    Yeah, I'm not sure anyone here has that prevailing idea. There's plenty of racism, both individual and institutional, conscious and subconscious, everywhere. I don't know any RotoJunkies who have suggested otherwise.

Comment

• I thought it was pretty widely known that Boston was stereotypically a more racist area. Especially as it relates to sports, the crowds there are infamous.

Comment

• DUI while white is ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                          To the officers' credit, they didn't let her cash that privilege check she was trying to pass.

Comment

• Today’s Episode:
                            “Buying Sour Patch Kids While Black”

A convenience store clerk in Santa Fe, New Mexico reportedly called 911 on a 22-year-old college student because he was “arrogant and black.”

The employee was caught on cellphone video by Jordan McDowell, who told local station KRQE that he was racially profiled when he went into the store to buy Sour Patch Kids candy.

“And I want him out of the store right now,” the woman can he heard saying on video while talking on the phone. “Because he’s being arrogant, because he’s black.”

Comment

• To all the folks around here who don't think racism is still a problem, how many instances is it going to take to change your minds?
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                To all the folks around here who don't think racism is still a problem, how many instances is it going to take to change your minds?
                                I think if you presented all of the evidence in this thread, and more, to someone entrenched in the position that racism isnt really much of a thing anymore, rather than admit it may be, which would require admitting being wrong, and adjusting their worldview, they'd rely on two tactics to keep their worldview: 1. They would say that just about all racism gets videoed these days, so this is pretty much most of what there is, and given how many millions of people we have, this isn't that much. 2. And/or they would say that there are just as many minorities that hate whites, but the MSM won't report it when they do it.

Of course, the second tactic is just whataboutery that wouldn't actually refute the premise that racism is still a big thing in this country, but I still think it would be a common response, for some reason.

You've talked about the lengths to which people will go to avoid cognitive dissonance and admitting their worldview may be wrong, so I imagine these responses wouldn't surprise you.
                                Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-09-2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X