No announcement yet.

Adalberto Mondesi watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB and 2 SBs today. At a 11:51 BB:K ratio now. 5/15 HR/SB. So far not disappointing.

Comment

• I offered to overpay for him in my AL only 12 teamer.

The owner said he is not for sale at any cost. He is only $1 but will need to be resigned (up to 3 years at $5 per).

Comment

• He's going to be a great fantasy guy for a long time. However, I don't think the K rate and swinging strike rate and chase rate (O-swing) are sustainable to be a great real baseball player. He whiffs like he's a serious power hitter. But with so little speed around anyway, he's a fantasy monster. Like Billy Hamilton with muscles.

Comment

• It's been fun to watch his "on pace" numbers this season.
          Currently: 18/133/61/.276
          That's Rickey H territory, from a roto-value perspective.

I'm not adept at manipulating historical number searches - has anybody ever put up a similar line?
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• HR >= 15, R >= 130, SB >= 60, AVG >= .270:
            Rickey Henderson 1985 (24 HR, 146 R, 80 SB, .314)
            Harry Stovey 1889 (19 HR, 152 R, 63 SB, .308)

If you drop it down to 120 R:
            Jose Reyes 2006 (19 HR, 122 R, 64 SB, .300)
            Ben Chapman 1931 (17 HR, 120 R, 61 SB, .315)
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• That 133 represents RBI pace, not R. Tough comp.

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• oh really? Okay...

HR >= 15, RBI >= 130, SB >= 60, AVG >= .270
                None

HR >= 15, RBI >= 120, SB >= 60
                Ben Chapman 1931 (17 HR, 122 RBI, 61 SB, .304)

HR >= 15, RBI >= 110, SB >= 50, any AVG
                Harry Stovey 1889 (19 HR, 119 RBI, 63 SB, .308)
                Joe Morgan 1976 (27 HR, 111 RBI, 60 SB, .320)
                Barry Bonds 1990 (33 HR, 114 RBI, 50 SB, .301)
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  oh really? Okay...

HR >= 15, RBI >= 130, SB >= 60, AVG >= .270
                  None

HR >= 15, RBI >= 120, SB >= 60
                  Ben Chapman 1931 (17 HR, 122 RBI, 61 SB, .304)

HR >= 15, RBI >= 110, SB >= 50, any AVG
                  Harry Stovey 1889 (19 HR, 119 RBI, 63 SB, .308)
                  Joe Morgan 1976 (27 HR, 111 RBI, 60 SB, .320)
                  Barry Bonds 1990 (33 HR, 114 RBI, 50 SB, .301)
                  With SS eligibility, that has to be better for fantasy purposes than all but Trout, no? In OBP leagues, Trout and Betts would probably be ahead, but if he finishes with those lofty stats, this is top 2-3 overall in any league.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    With SS eligibility, that has to be better for fantasy purposes than all but Trout, no? In OBP leagues, Trout and Betts would probably be ahead, but if he finishes with those lofty stats, this is top 2-3 overall in any league.
                    I don’t think the RBI pace is anywhere close to sustainable.

However aside from that isn’t this the Trae Turner profile? So top 7ish makes sense.

Note that SS is deep in recent years so I’m not sure there is a big premium relative to OF.

Comment

• I
                      Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I don’t think the RBI pace is anywhere close to sustainable.

However aside from that isn’t this the Trae Turner profile? So top 7ish makes sense.

Note that SS is deep in recent years so I’m not sure there is a big premium relative to OF.
                      Not sustainable does not mean that it is to be completely ignored. Seems quite reasonable to expect something well ahead of Turners 70+ RBI. And the difference between 60+ and 40+ SBs is considerable as well. Having said that, “sustainability” takes the fun out of season “pace” speculation. It’s fun to look at the gaudy “on pace” numbers early, and dream...

Current Lineup:

Comment

• Good on pace numbers is a tool for sellers not buyers.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                          Not sustainable does not mean that it is to be completely ignored. Seems quite reasonable to expect something well ahead of Turners 70+ RBI.
                          Sorry, to be clear I was not saying to ignore it, I was pointing out how similar he is to the Turner profile that goes top half of the 1st round.

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                          And the difference between 60+ and 40+ SBs is considerable as well.
                          Turner was "on pace" for 60+ seasons as well based on his first half season. Nothing wrong with that.

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                          Having said that, “sustainability” takes the fun out of season “pace” speculation. It’s fun to look at the gaudy “on pace” numbers early, and dream...
                          Oh no doubt, I was having fun with it too. I enjoy watching Mondesi. Seems like you might have misread the tone.

Comment

• Homer yesterday, and a homer plus 2 SBs today.

8 SBs in 9 games since returing from injury Sept 1st.

Comment

• Does anyone have a feel for where he will rank for 2020? The really early ADP and rankings are all over the place.

ZiPS projection: 2020 .256/.289/.435, 527 AB, 72 R, 135 H, 26 2B, 10 3B, 16 HR, 71 RBI, 25 BB, 155 K, 50 SB

J
                              Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-18-2019, 03:37 PM.
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                Does anyone have a feel for where he will rank for 2020? The really early ADP and rankings are all over the place.

J
                                Feels like a 3rd round pick to me. SBs should be prioritized since everyone hits HRs.

Comment

Working...
                                X