Adalberto Mondesi watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adalberto Mondesi watch

I know he's been around for a few years but Mondesi is still just 22. He is healthy now and he has started playing for Omaha.

Mondesi is hitting .333/.333/.778 with 1 HR in 2 games for Omaha.
    Alcides Escobar is hitting .216/.281/.343 with 1 HR in 29 games for the Royals.

How long until Mondesi takes over?

As I mentioned a while back, Mondesi also had an insane 2017. At 21, in AAA, playing MI, in a half season he hit .305/.340/.539 with 13 HR and 21 SB. For comparison, Scott Kingery hit .304/.359/.530 in a full season split between AA and AAA, with 26 HR and 29 SB, and he's two years older.

(Also since you posted that, he was 2 for 5 with a triple and 2 SB tonight.)

There was a blurb in the Royals minors report at FG that said about Nicky Lopez "he seems to have passed Adalberto Mondesi on the organizational depth chart" and I assume they know more than I do but I don't get it at all. It's interesting that after Mondesi had that crazy season last year the Royals still resigned Escobar, but he's only making $2.5M so they can't be that attached.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      As I mentioned a while back, Mondesi also had an insane 2017. At 21, in AAA, playing MI, in a half season he hit .305/.340/.539 with 13 HR and 21 SB. For comparison, Scott Kingery hit .304/.359/.530 in a full season split between AA and AAA, with 26 HR and 29 SB, and he's two years older.

(Also since you posted that, he was 2 for 5 with a triple and 2 SB tonight.)

There was a blurb in the Royals minors report at FG that said about Nicky Lopez "he seems to have passed Adalberto Mondesi on the organizational depth chart" and I assume they know more than I do but I don't get it at all. It's interesting that after Mondesi had that crazy season last year the Royals still resigned Escobar, but he's only making $2.5M so they can't be that attached.

I agree I should have mentioned the ridiculous 2017 numbers too

HR and another SB tonight.

Is there a AAA fantasy league I can join if this guy isn’t going to get promoted soon?

Is he seriously being faulted for the organization bringing him up too soon? He is still a baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I agree I should have mentioned the ridiculous 2017 numbers too

HR and another SB tonight.

Is there a AAA fantasy league I can join if this guy isn’t going to get promoted soon?

Is he seriously being faulted for the organization bringing him up too soon? He is still a baby!
        A baby with a World Series ring.

That said, his ML numbers are putrid. They may want to be very careful about his ego.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          his ML numbers are putrid.
          As they should be, he's younger than many college players who will be drafted this summer.

Comment

There's obviously something about him that the Royals don't like. It was completely obvious to let him play short this year; they aren't contending, and he's one of the guys they want to break in to learn to hit major-league pitching. Then they went and signed a replacement level guy to take the position. This probably is not the right kind of thread, it should be a "Free Aldalberto Mondesi" thread.

Comment

As they should be, he's younger than many college players who will be drafted this summer.
              Far from it. College players do not have his success with wooden bats, against AAA pitching. The College World Series might approach AA.

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              There's obviously something about him that the Royals don't like. It was completely obvious to let him play short this year; they aren't contending, and he's one of the guys they want to break in to learn to hit major-league pitching. Then they went and signed a replacement level guy to take the position. This probably is not the right kind of thread, it should be a "Free Aldalberto Mondesi" thread.
              This kid's the answer to a trivia question. His first appearance was as a pinch runner in the World Series and is the only player so far to debut in the WS.

Again, look at MiLB vs MLB. He seems be gun shy. They may want him impatient when the call comes. Lord knows the team will not miss the playoffs because of it.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

He hasn't played since Tuesday and I can't find any news as to why.

Comment

He hasn't played since Tuesday and I can't find any news as to why.
                  I'm still looking also, can't find anything.

Comment

The Chasers played Friday night without injured starters Bubba Starling (oblique) and Adalberto Mondesi (hamstring). Poldberg said Starling may be out for a while. Mondesi is considered day to day.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Recalled today.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Recalled today.
                          I had held him all season and dropped him in FAAB 30 minutes before he was called up.

Comment

I had held him all season and dropped him in FAAB 30 minutes before he was called up.
                            I also dropped him a few weeks back for Garrett Hampson. So I am still waiting.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Drafted and held him all this time in the RJ Fix league on Fantrax. Picked him up yesterday in my primary league as well (with the lowest priority).
                              Hope he's worth the wait.
                              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Working...
                              X