No announcement yet.

Adalberto Mondesi watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked him off WW when he started to hit. Between him and Ahmed Rosario, also WW, my shaky MI is looking a lot better for 2019.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
      I drafted him on my reserve roster this year, so I have him for $10 going into next year which is awesome. But I suspect that we'll be seeing him on just about every single expert's "overvalued" list this off-season. It's going to be really hard for him to maintain an average that doesn't hurt you with that kind of plate discipline. So there probably will be 2 guys in every league that will price him based on a .270-.280 average which would, in fact, make him overvalued. Glad I have him for $10 so I don't have to think about it.
      Interesting take on next year.

I had him targeted for the endgame in my 12 team AL only. I ran out of money and someone got him for $1. I tried to trade for him early when he was still in the minors, but the owner wouldn't budge.

For a buck he will be impossible to trade for in the off season.

Comment

Over the last month, he is #26. His stats are better than Trout's. I had no idea it was that high. Obviously, a big chunk of that is SB but he doesn't hurt you anywhere.

What does everyone think of Byron Buxton parallels?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Love his ability to fill up the score sheet. 2nd game in the last few that he's had a HR + SB. Even had one with a HR, SB, and BB! Avg up around .290 now! It's nice that he'll finish right around 80 games, with likely 10+ HR (hit #9 today) and 30+ SB (SB #25 today)... nice quick and dirty math to see the next 20 HR/60 SB guy!
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            I also dropped him a few weeks back for Garrett Hampson. So I am still waiting.
            Should have dropped Hampson instead.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Should have dropped Hampson instead.
              I'm so glad you made the right choice once I started reading this thread. He looks nice for a $1 next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                I'm so glad you made the right choice once I started reading this thread. He looks nice for a $1 next year.
                I guess that makes up for your $1 Aguilar that i picked up early in the year. Win some. Lose some.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

2B, SB, and HR in 2 ABs so far today off Archer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotoworld
                    . There are some glaring warts in his overall profile, most notably an alarming sub-70 percent contact rate. However, it’s impossible to ignore the hype swirling around the Royals' burgeoning fantasy superstar. Simply put, he’s going to be one of the most expensive, highly-sought hitters in fantasy baseball next spring.

The 23-year-old switch-hitting shortstop went 2-for-4 with a solo home run, a double and a stolen base against the Pirates on Wednesday. He connected on a 94-mph heater from veteran right-hander Chris Archer, launching a 421-foot solo shot to right-center field in the third inning. Not only is he slashing .288/.314/.485 with 10 home runs, 30 RBI and 26 stolen bases in just 65 games since being recalled from Triple-A Omaha on June 17, but he’s gone deep six times in his last 19 games dating back to August 28. To put those numbers in context, he’s the first hitter in major-league history to record at least 10 homers and 25 stolen bases in fewer than 250 plate appearances in a single season. The only recent season that comes remotely close from a production standpoint belongs to Brewers outfielder Keon Broxton, who racked up nine homers and 23 steals in 244 plate appearances back in 2016. The striking similarity between them is persistent contact issues at the highest level.

The pivotal question for Mondesi is whether he can maintain a respectable batting average, while also hitting for double-digit pop over a full-season. It’s an extremely tall order, but if manages to replicate this recent level of production, he will evolve into one of the most electrifying four-category fantasy monsters in the entire game. Just to be clear, it’s important to remain cognizant of the extreme contact issues in his profile. His floor is deeper than the Mariana Trench if he’s struggling to get on base and his power completely evaporates. Yet, his realistic 15-homer, 40-steal floor insulates enough of the risk to justify an early round selection in fantasy drafts next spring. In the last five years, only six hitters have produced that level of power and speed production in a single campaign. The range of potential outcomes is wider than the Grand Canyon and Mondesi is a virtual lock to be among the most polarizing hitters in fantasy baseball this offseason.
                    I enjoyed this tasty lil blurb. 421 ft tater off Archer. Dude has some pop!
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

He's named Raul after his father, who had some pop.

Suddenly the Royals have fantasy interest other than RP. Who'da thunk it?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        I enjoyed this tasty lil blurb. 421 ft tater off Archer. Dude has some pop!
                        11th HR tonight in just 66 games

Funny that not long ago he was being compared to Billy Hamilton in the power department. I think I said at the time that he's closer to Judge than Hamilton.
                        Last edited by Ken; 09-20-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          11th HR tonight in just 66 games

Funny that not long ago he was being compared to Billy Hamilton in the power department. I think I said at the time that he's closer to Judge than Hamilton.
                          Quick and dirty math gives you 25 HR on a 162 game pace. Not bad!

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            He's named Raul after his father, who had some pop.

Suddenly the Royals have fantasy interest other than RP. Who'da thunk it?

J
                            I just noticed in the 20/20 thread that Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonds were first and second on the number of 20/20 seasons, and Raul Mondesi was in the top 10. Sure would be cool if Raul Jr. could put up some 20/20's or even 30/30's. I would love seeing 2 pairs of fathers and sons on the top 10 list.

Comment

Over the last 2 weeks Mondesi has hit .355/.385/.645 with 5 HR, 11 RBI, 12 R, and 8 SB. In those 2 weeks he is 1st in the mlb in hits, 1st in SB, 3rd in runs, 3rd in HR, and 10th in RBI.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                I just noticed in the 20/20 thread that Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonds were first and second on the number of 20/20 seasons, and Raul Mondesi was in the top 10. Sure would be cool if Raul Jr. could put up some 20/20's or even 30/30's. I would love seeing 2 pairs of fathers and sons on the top 10 list.
                                Raul Mondesi was on my fantasy teams for years. I even have a bat signed by him...has to worth about .50 cents now.

After carrying his kid on my keeper roster for years then losing out on him this year is killing me. This thread is not helping the pain. But I just can't stop looking.

What would you have to get to trade a $1 Mondesi in the off season?

Comment

Working...
                                X