Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Seager?

Mixed League, 6x6, with OPS

Going into the year, I franchise tagged Corey Seager. As a result, I'm on the hook for him next year at $20 or I could cut him this year and lose $10 off my budget for next year ($250 draft budget).

A few factors:

- I don't currently have any DL spots to stash him as I have MadBum, Britton and Schoop on the DL. Thus, I'd be carrying a dead roster spot for the next 3-4 weeks until one of the pitchers comes back.
    - I'm in 2nd to last place, but only 35 points out of first. A few points here or there in each category and I'm still in it.
    - We can keep up to 12 keepers. I have some good ones already (Jose Abreu, Schoop, Bellinger, Pollock, Benintendi, Eloy Jimenez, Devers, Severino, MadBum, Arrieta and a handful of closers) so I'm not in a dire need to keep Seager. I suspect that Trea Turner, Segura, Bogaerts, Lindor and maybe Gleyber/DeJong will be the only kept SS next year.

I'm leaning towards cutting him, assuming I don't get any trade bites in the next 1-2 days but wanted to get the thoughts of the pen before I do so. I hate to give up the $10 in the budget next year but is the $10 waste + $10 spent elsewhere better than a roster dead spot this year / $20 Seager next year?

Man, I wouldn't give up on him. Sucks to have a dead spot but that's a pretty nice keeper, and a decent sized hit to next year's auction for no reason. How many teams? I'd drop Britton if I was really in a bind.

Comment

Won't the activation of Schoop, which should be in a week or so (he's supposedly playing in extended Spring Training games this week, followed presumably by a rehab stint) free up a DL slot? If so, I would wait a week or so in your position.

Comment

Thanks guys - we only have 2 DL spots so currently I'd have Schoop and Seager as dead roster spots. I'd be out of the bind in mid to late May when MadBum comes back, assuming no one else gets hurt in the meantime.

JC - only 10 team league, so definitely not deep by any means. Britton would be a $1 keeper for the next two years which is why I've been willing to hold on to him.

I've had some trade interest on him thus far. May wait a few days to see what those nibbles turn into before doing anything rash.

Comment

Are you high on Schoop? Is he an option to trade or drop? I think Seager will be an great guy to have next year.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Not deep 10-teamer? Oh, then drop Britton or trade him if you can. Hell, do a 2-1 with injured guys.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              Not deep 10-teamer? Oh, then drop Britton or trade him if you can. Hell, do a 2-1 with injured guys.
              Yeah, agreed.

Comment

Working...
              X