Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeBron James is now (or will shortly be) the greatest basketball player of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    I actually still thinks it's possible he drags this steaming mess that is the 2017-2018 Cleveland Cavaliers back to the NBA Finals. I've learned never to count him out. If he does that, he's better than Jordan. LeBron has already gotten to the Finals with far less supporting talent than Jordan ever brought there, IMO. He's also a better rebounder and passer, although Jordan was a better scorer and defender.
    Having watched Jordan a lot in his prime, I can't even imagine how I can agree with the bolded statement. The Bulls not only won the 90-91 championship, they lost only two games with a starting five that included the decaying corpses of Bill Cartwright and Bill Pasxon, a rookie BJ Armstrong who treated defense like a social disease, and very raw players at that time in Pippen and Grant.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Having watched Jordan a lot in his prime, I can't even imagine how I can agree with the bolded statement. The Bulls not only won the 90-91 championship, they lost only two games with a starting five that included the decaying corpses of Bill Cartwright and Bill Pasxon, a rookie BJ Armstrong who treated defense like a social disease, and very raw players at that time in Pippen and Grant.
      I still think that team, probably Jordan's weakest championship team, had far more talent than the Cleveland team LeBron brought to the Finals in 2006-2007. I'd take young Pippen and Grant, Paxson, Armstrong and Cartwright over Big Z, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Eric Snow and year 2 Andy Varejao. This year's Cavaliers team may be equally bad, but he hasn't taken them to the Finals yet.

Comment

I still think that team, probably Jordan's weakest championship team, had far more talent than the Cleveland team LeBron brought to the Finals in 2006-2007. I'd take young Pippen and Grant, Paxson, Armstrong and Cartwright over Big Z, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Eric Snow and year 2 Andy Varejao. This year's Cavaliers team may be equally bad, but he hasn't taken them to the Finals yet.
        And Kevin Love, or was that guy who dominated in the first half against Toronto an alien?

Well, I guess it could be both.

Yeah, we're not going to agree. I think what Cleveland brings out is better at every position but the 3 - most by a significant margin - and Pippin comes nowhere near close enough to make up the difference. Moreover, Jordan's team lost only two games...

Comment

And Kevin Love, or was that guy who dominated in the first half against Toronto an alien?

Well, I guess it could be both.

Yeah, we're not going to agree. I think what Cleveland brings out is better at every position but the 3 - most by a significant margin - and Pippin comes nowhere near close enough to make up the difference. Moreover, Jordan's team lost only two games...
          If Love can produce anything close to what he produced in Game 2 on a consistent basis, sure, that might be viewed as leapfrogging this 2017-2018 Cavs team above the 2001-2002 Bulls, but even then, I'm not so sure.

Love doesn't do anything for the 2006-2007 Cavs team though, since he wasn't on it. You really think that team was superior to the 1991-1992 Bulls? Sure, I'll take Ilgauskas over Cartwright, but I sure wouldn't take Gooden over Grant or Hughes over Pippen, and I don't think I'd take Snow/rookie Boobie Gibson over Paxson/rookie BJ Armstrong either.

Comment

Love doesn't do anything for the 2006-2007 Cavs team though, since he wasn't on it. You really think that team was superior to the 1991-1992 Bulls? Sure, I'll take Ilgauskas over Cartwright, but I sure wouldn't take Gooden over Grant or Hughes over Pippen, and I don't think I'd take Snow/rookie Boobie Gibson over Paxson/rookie BJ Armstrong either.
            I agree with Pippen over Hughes. I'd take Grant over Gooden, but that's not a huge difference. Pavlovic was far better at the two than anything the Bulls trotted out there.

But most importantly, Jordan dragged his sorry team to crushing victories over the whole NBA that year. LeBron managed to drag his sorry team one crushing series victory, a couple of close ones, but then lost in the finals.

Comment

I love LeBron. It's such a pleasure to watch him play and I think he's matured tremendously, both on the court and off of it, throughout his career. His interviews always impress me so much. And just when you think you've seen his best basketball, he takes it up another notch. It's difficult for me to say that he's better than Jordan, though. Jordan was a better scorer and better defensively (LeBron can be incredibly defensively when needed but is pretty inconsistent). And Jordan was a far superior free throw shooter. LeBron is obviously the more physically imposing player and a much better passer and rebounder. It's a tough comparison, especially as the game is also played so differently now. I'll still take Jordan but absolutely believe that LeBron belongs in the same conversation.

Comment

Pavlovic was far better at the two than anything the Bulls trotted out there.
                The Bulls trotted out Jordan at the two.

Comment

LeBron with another tremendous playoff performance culminating with the sick full-court sprint, fall away from the basket left, shoot the sick bank shot with the right hand buzzer beater. Wow. Poor Toronto.

Comment

LeBron with another tremendous playoff performance culminating with the sick full-court sprint, fall away from the basket left, shoot the sick bank shot with the right hand buzzer beater. Wow. Poor Toronto.
                    And Boston is beating up on Philly - I like that match up for the next round!!!

Go Cavs!!!!!!

Comment

Hey fly

Did you watch game 3? Maybe the fourth quarter? Some time in the third, Toronto started becoming physical with lebron. In the fourth, you could see him becoming emotional, ie. frustrated with the contact. He was on the floor at least 5 or 6 times from real contact, looking up at the refs, begging for a call.

I don't think the raps are winning 4 straight but maybe we win tonight, scoop at home and make Cleveland sweat just a little...

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        Hey fly

Did you watch game 3? Maybe the fourth quarter? Some time in the third, Toronto started becoming physical with lebron. In the fourth, you could see him becoming emotional, ie. frustrated with the contact. He was on the floor at least 5 or 6 times from real contact, looking up at the refs, begging for a call.

I don't think the raps are winning 4 straight but maybe we win tonight, scoop at home and make Cleveland sweat just a little...
                        I did. He was a bit frustrated, but you could tell from the post-game interview that he was expecting it to continue into Game 4 and he should be better prepared for it, at least, with a plan on how he'll respond. That doesn't mean the Raptors couldn't win one or two games here. They've obviously been very close in two out of three so far. But I don't think they can expect to unsettle James too much.

Comment

What's frustrating for me as a LeBron-is-the-GOAT supporter is that the Raptors played so terribly as to make it look like the Cavaliers' supporting cast is actually worth a sh!t.

Comment

What's frustrating for me as a LeBron-is-the-GOAT supporter is that the Raptors played so terribly as to make it look like the Cavaliers' supporting cast is actually worth a sh!t.
                            Did you happen to see this SNL sketch, which didn't make the final cut?

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Did you happen to see this SNL sketch, which didn't make the final cut?
                              LOL, yes.

Comment

The Cavs are back! Can they keep up the momentum in Boston?

Comment

Working...
                                X