2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Could you have jinked him earlier? He's been very mediocre all season long.
    Lol. Yeah, he hasn't shown any power yet. But, i think that will come eventually as he gets more comfortable. And his run/rbi opportunities haven't been helped by him batting 7th and 8th in the lineup. Although, he's been consistent as far as hitting for contact goes. I think this year will be a solid foundation upon which Bart can build on for 2021. The Giants must really be satisfied with his defense to be playing him almost everyday at the toughest position. And he's still only 23 years old.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bob Nightengale
      @BNightengale
      The #SFGiants
      player who had a positive Covid-19 test has since had two negative tests and if everything is clear tonight, the #SFGiants and #Padres will play a doubleheader Sunday.
      5:50 PM · Sep 12, 2020
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Bob Nightengale
        @BNightengale
        The #SFGiants
        player who had a positive Covid-19 test has since had two negative tests and if everything is clear tonight, the #SFGiants and #Padres will play a doubleheader Sunday.
        5:50 PM · Sep 12, 2020
        So, the games were postponed because of a false negative test lol.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Giants designate SP Jeff Samardzija for assignment; placing him on unconditional release waivers.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Hunter Pence at age 37, announced his retirement from baseball on Saturday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Not a Giants fan but the home plate umpire in todays game should never be allowed on a diamond again. Some unbelievable strike calls including to end the game and the Giants season.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Not a Giants fan but the home plate umpire in todays game should never be allowed on a diamond again. Some unbelievable strike calls including to end the game and the Giants season.
                Anyone we know?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Anyone we know?
                  Frank Drebin I think. Possibly Rob Drake after a search.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    Not a Giants fan but the home plate umpire in todays game should never be allowed on a diamond again. Some unbelievable strike calls including to end the game and the Giants season.
                    He was HORRIBLE
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Hunter Pence at age 37, announced his retirement from baseball on Saturday.
                      Well, I found out what Pence is doing with some of his new free time - he's become a competitive Magic The Gathering player.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Donovan Solano may be the most disrespected major leaguer in recent memory. All that guy does is hit! No power, no speed, but he sure can hit!

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Well, I found out what Pence is doing with some of his new free time - he's become a competitive Magic The Gathering player.
                          Come on... this has to be an April Fool’s joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            Come on... this has to be an April Fool’s joke.
                            Nope. My son works in the gaming industry, and also knows baseball - called me over when Pence was doing on-line battles for tournament training back last year. Seems he's a pretty good player, too.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Giants place RP Jake McGee on the COVID-19 IL with vaccine side effects. That explains yesterday's blowup.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Crazy story:

In April of 2020, Drew Robinson attempted to take his own life.

The 27-year-old placed a pistol to his temple and pulled the trigger while sitting in the living room of his Las Vegas home.

On Wednesday, he made the 25-man roster of the Sacramento River Cats, the San Francisco Giants Triple-A affiliate. The accomplishment marked a remarkable milestone in Robinson's return from the depths of depression that he spoke candidly about last November with ESPN's Jeff Passan.

That Robinson survived that day at the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic is a miracle. He told Passan that he woke up 20 hours after the self-inflicted gun shot wound with a hole in his head and fear that he had lost an eyeball. He was right. The gunshot wound had ruptured his right eye.

But when he woke up, he realized that he wanted to live. He called 911.

"I need an ambulance," he said on the call, per Passan. "I tried to commit suicide last night, and I made it through. I think I detached my eye maybe. I can't open my right eye and I have a huge hole in my head and I'm in a lot of pain."

The bullet caused significant damage, but missed Robinson's brain and major arteries. Since surviving the initial trauma and medical recovery from the gunshot, Robinson has split his energy between telling his story in an effort to inspire others dealing with mental health struggles and trying to make a baseball comeback.

Comment

Working...
                                X