No announcement yet.

2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the Kapler hiring was a factor in Will Smith's decision to leave the Giants. Handling a bullpen does not seem to be Kaplers strong suit.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I was feeling so good about my $1 Reyes Moronta at last year's auction. Sigh.

I guess long term he might still be the guy but it remains to be seen how he comes back from his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        I was feeling so good about my $1 Reyes Moronta at last year's auction. Sigh.

I guess long term he might still be the guy but it remains to be seen how he comes back from his injury.
        I too own him for a buck. He is supposed to be out until August. I do not think I want to use a keeper spot on him. I guess we will see if I have a spot when the off season trading is over.

Comment

"He is supposed to be out until August. I do not think I want to use a keeper spot on him."

why not longterm him?

#crossthread

assuming you have only 9 pitching slots, please take video of your reaction when you get to the endgame and you see 7-8 living sleepers available for a buck but you have no room thanks to the decaying arm of Reyes Moronta.

"Let it go" isn't just a song from Frozen!
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Wow, Aubrey Huff is absolutely awful and abhorrent. Good for the Giants for doing the right thing here:

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              Wow, Aubrey Huff is absolutely awful and abhorrent. Good for the Giants for doing the right thing here:

https://slate.com/culture/2020/02/au...tion-jerk.html
              The Giants shouldnt be banning Huff. He was a key part of that championship team. He isnt a criminal. If his teammates havent come out in force asking for his banning, then his tweets shouldnt matter. I mean Bonds is invited right?
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                The Giants shouldnt be banning Huff. He was a key part of that championship team. He isnt a criminal. If his teammates havent come out in force asking for his banning, then his tweets shouldnt matter. I mean Bonds is invited right?
                He jokes on Twitter about raping/kidnapping and otherwise demeaning and abusing women and isn't a one-time thing. That's his shtick. He was very disrespectful to a current Giants coach. I'm glad they stood up for their coaching staff and for a standard on treating women as something better than playthings to be used and abused.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  He jokes on Twitter about raping/kidnapping and otherwise demeaning and abusing women and isn't a one-time thing. That's his shtick. He was very disrespectful to a current Giants coach. I'm glad they stood up for their coaching staff and for a standard on treating women as something better than playthings to be used and abused.
                  so youre saying his teammates and coaches didnt want him there because of him not getting along with them? thats a different story and I would understand it.

If its because of his twitter comments on political and cultural issues or the like, that should be irrelevant.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

If its because of his twitter comments on political and cultural issues or the like, that should be irrelevant.
                    When you say it "should" be irrelevant, do you mean from a Utopian free speech perspective or a realistic one with corporate PR in play?

Because if he was invited and then people started looking into his social media and questioning why the Giants were supporting that type of individual, it's egg on their face. They should invite that kind of criticism when it's pretty easy to just not invite the moron instead? I'm not following.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      When you say it "should" be irrelevant, do you mean from a Utopian free speech perspective or a realistic one with corporate PR in play?

Because if he was invited and then people started looking into his social media and questioning why the Giants were supporting that type of individual, it's egg on their face. They should invite that kind of criticism when it's pretty easy to just not invite the moron instead? I'm not following.
                      I mean its a celebration of baseball achievements and the guy was a big part of it. If he is a douche now then he is a douche. I get the 'woke' climate we are in but I guess the owner that pushed his wife or the star that cheated for years doesnt invoke that kind of anger. The mob mentality we now have as a society is horrendous.

Comment

I mean its a celebration of baseball achievements and the guy was a big part of it. If he is a douche now then he is a douche. I get the 'woke' climate we are in but I guess the owner that pushed his wife or the star that cheated for years doesnt invoke that kind of anger. The mob mentality we now have as a society is horrendous.
                        I think that's vastly oversimplifying it.

If the Bills have a reunion would you expect them to invite Simpson?

Clearly there's a line to be drawn where you don't invite people who the organization doesn't want to be associated with. I guess it's a question of where that line is. It's odd for us to try and decide from the outside who an organization should associate itself with. I know sports are unique and the customers of the company (i.e. fans) "feel" ownership, but in reality we shouldn't be meddling with who each organization is comfortable aligning itself with.

Comment

so youre saying his teammates and coaches didnt want him there because of him not getting along with them? thats a different story and I would understand it.

You really want to call that "political and cultural issues"? Advocating violence against women and demeaning women isn't a joke. You want to call me or the Giants "woke" for believing that, I guess you can, but ugh.

This isn't a case of "guy made one stupid comment on Twitter and apologized and no one will let go." He is on a crusade to see how crass and demeaning he can be to women. Baseball has a culture that tolerates way too much of that, and if you don't think the consequences to women are real, then you should open your eyes. The way we teach men to interact with women is really important.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

might be time to make Aubrey Huff a hot button issue...what a jerk

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              might be time to make Aubrey Huff a hot button issue...what a jerk
                              I'm not sure there's much else to say, otherwise I'd agree.

Comment

He isn't BANNED. He isn't censored. His efforts are not being erased. He isn't being punished. Let's not get all dramatic.

The Giants are having a party and he's not invited. They aren't inviting him because he's an unapologetic dick and those guys ruin parties, so we don't invite them.

The 2010 Series will always hold a warm place in my heart and I will always appreciate Huff for what he did to make it happen. They couldn't have done it without him. That said, I have no interest in meeting him, shaking his hand, or getting his autograph. He's a pig and I don't need another pig in my life, even how momentary the exchange might be. I do have his bobblehead with all my other Giants bobbleheads, but when I first heard about his statements, I put it in the back.

If I was having a party, I wouldn't invite him either.

Comment

Working...
                                X