2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K24: San Francisco Giants

I don't know if he'll ever get enough playing time to be relevant, but Alen Hanson (who was a decent prospect for a while) hit .403/.479/.661 with 3 HR/6 SB in 18 minor league games, got called up today and hit a home run in his first game. He's nominally only up while Panik is hurt, but I wouldn't be surprised if they send Tomlinson down when Panik comes back, and maybe they'll trade Panik or Crawford someday.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

this team is fertile ground in deep NL-only, especially for OF
    I have Pence and Williamson and now Hanson, after getting beat out for Slater
    Hanson is a 2B-OF, btw, and Duggar is a prospect who is close

if Giants tank, will McCutchen, Span or Pence even still be around by the All-Star break?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      this team is fertile ground in deep NL-only, especially for OF
      I have Pence and Williamson and now Hanson, after getting beat out for Slater
      Hanson is a 2B-OF, btw, and Duggar is a prospect who is close

if Giants tank, will McCutchen, Span or Pence even still be around by the All-Star break?
      Span was moved in the off-season, so he certainly won't be around at the AS break.

I don't think that Hanson is going to amount to much, if he couldn't stay with the totally rebuilding Sox last season, I really don't hold out a lot of hope for him. But if he get's off to a hot start, there's really nothing standing in his way for PT at this point. Worth a cheap flyer, not much more.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

heh, the Giants wish they had a less-fungible Span. it's Austin Jackson who has one foot out the door.

and yes, this all is NL-only at this point. maybe Mac in a deep mixed with many reserves

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Their new pitching prospect looked pretty good in his big league debut on Saturday.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Span was moved in the off-season, so he certainly won't be around at the AS break.

I don't think that Hanson is going to amount to much, if he couldn't stay with the totally rebuilding Sox last season, I really don't hold out a lot of hope for him. But if he get's off to a hot start, there's really nothing standing in his way for PT at this point. Worth a cheap flyer, not much more.
            So he's gotten off to a pretty hot start, no? Who now thinks they'll continue to play him regularly between 2B and OF even after Panik returns from the DL? I'm currently stuck with Asuaje at 2B in my NL-only league, and desperately need speed, so I know I want Hanson, but don't know how much FAAB to blow.

Comment

I'd take Hanson over Asuaje, for sure

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Cueto gone for 6 weeks
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  So he's gotten off to a pretty hot start, no? Who now thinks they'll continue to play him regularly between 2B and OF even after Panik returns from the DL? I'm currently stuck with Asuaje at 2B in my NL-only league, and desperately need speed, so I know I want Hanson, but don't know how much FAAB to blow.
                  He's certainly worth a shot, but like I said in another thread, he seems to have almost no baseball sense. But he's got marketable skills, and the Giants really have nobody else to put there, so take the shot...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    He's certainly worth a shot, but like I said in another thread, he seems to have almost no baseball sense. But he's got marketable skills, and the Giants really have nobody else to put there, so take the shot...
                    I've heard this idea echoed elsewhere. Hanson is a great athlete and a nice person, but he's "difficult to coach." I always took this to be a nice way of saying he's not very bright, but I'm totally just guessing here, maybe reading something between the lines that isn't there.

Bochy and crew might be the right kind of managers to get the best out of him, because we know the Hall of Fame is littered with tons of functional morons with great talent.

Comment

If I hear right, Cueto has been moved to the 60-day DL. That can't be good.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

nah, his timetable was 6-8 weeks anyway
                        just a procedural move, usually that's a 40-man roster spot issue

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          nah, his timetable was 6-8 weeks anyway
                          just a procedural move, usually that's a 40-man roster spot issue
                          I heard the same. No change in timetable, just making room for another body who will also soon be on the DL.

Comment

Their DL and the Rangers could make a team that is, on paper, better than either team currently in the field.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Evan Longoria broken finger.

Comment

Working...
                              X