2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    You really want to call that "political and cultural issues"? Advocating violence against women and demeaning women isn't a joke.
    Are the Giants sure that none of the still-invited players have ever beaten their wives?
    because "doing" seems a helluva lot more serious than "advocating.*" They run the risk of looking awfully stupid here.

DWIs, I have to think that's a disqualifier as well. are stupid tweets worse than being behind the wheel of a lethal weapon?

* - apparently he said even more offensive stuff yesterday, bolstering the Giants' argument.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Are the Giants sure that none of the still-invited players have ever beaten their wives?
      because "doing" seems a helluva lot more serious than "advocating." They run the risk of looking awfully stupid here.

DWIs, I have to think that's a disqualifier as well. are stupid tweets worse than being behind the wheel of a lethal weapon?
      Wow, this isn't that complicated. A moron has made it known to the word that he's a moron by broadcasting it out on social media for all to see - so, given that information, he isn't invited to a party. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

Comment

I believe that would qualify as "nonresponsive."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I believe that would qualify as "nonresponsive."
          LOL, oh the hypocrisy. You didn't answer my question.

A moron has made it known to the word that he's a moron by broadcasting it out on social media for all to see - so, given that information, he isn't invited to a party. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

We don't need to go into other hypotheticals. That's the whole point. The guy made clear to the world that's he's an asshole. So he isn't invited. This isn't a hard concept.

Why are so many people coming to the defense of a guy who jokes about kidnapping and raping Iranian women? This isn't hard.

Comment

I'm not coming to his defense. he is a crude, juvenile, annoying moron.

and feel free to tell me if wife beaters or drunk drivers should be invited to this party.

personally, I'd rather get hit with an insult than a fist or a car.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I'm not coming to his defense. he is a crude, juvenile moron.
              Great, makes sense that the Giants wouldn't want to invite him then. Thanks.

and feel free to tell me if wife beaters or drunk drivers should be invited to this party.
              I'm not interested in going through every law in the nation and making a judgement, and it's not relevant, it's not my call. Are there wife beaters and drunk drivers that the Giants didn't invite? If not, then that's a separate discussion.

Comment

"and feel free to tell me if wife beaters or drunk drivers should be invited to this party."

"I'm not interested in going through every law in the nation"

hello, Straw Man - nice to see you!

I'm surprised you found that question so difficult. someone might even claim that you are "coming to their defense." but I'm not doing that.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

because "doing" seems a helluva lot more serious than "advocating.*" They run the risk of looking awfully stupid here.

* - apparently he said even more offensive stuff yesterday, bolstering the Giants' argument.
                  Agreed. Always best to not take action on stuff we know about, because it's possbile there is something worse we don't know about.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

"I'm not interested in going through every law in the nation"

hello, Straw Man - nice to see you!
                    That's... not a straw man. You are presenting two seemingly random hypotheticals. For the same reason that I'm not interested in addressing those random hypotheticals, I'm not interested in going through all of them. There's no reason your hypotheticals are more relevant than every potentially hypothetical law that could be broken.

Are you really incapable of connecting those dots? Seems obvious.

It's akin to me saying I don't like hockey, it's just not entertaining to me, and your response was, "ah, but cricket is terrible too why didn't you mention it? huh? huh? I got you now, you really like hockey you just aren't admitting it".

Lets get back to the actual information here.

1) Aubrey Huff is a crude, juvenile moron (I like how you put it)
                    2) Aubrey Huff has made this known to the world through social media
                    3) The Giants, seeing that he has made himself known as a crude, juvenile moron, don't want to be associated with him.
                    4) So they didn't invite him to their party.

That is .... all there is to it. There's no need to talk about other situations.
                    Last edited by Ken; 02-19-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• "Always best to not take action on stuff we know about, because it's possbile there is something worse we don't know about."

but what if the Giants DO know about it? if you have been convicted of domestic violence, should you get invited to this party? is it worse than making crude, offensive, supposed jokes about it -or isn't it?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        "Always best to not take action on stuff we know about, because it's possbile there is something worse we don't know about."

but what if the Giants DO know about it? if you have been convicted of domestic violence, should you get invited to this party? is it worse than making crude, offensive, supposed jokes about it -or isn't it?
                        I'm not sure, but what if the Giants are actually aliens? Then what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          might be time to make Aubrey Huff a hot button issue...what a jerk
                          **** yes please!

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            "Always best to not take action on stuff we know about, because it's possbile there is something worse we don't know about."

If, unbeknownst to us, the Giants know they have multiple serial killers within the organization, then they shouldn't invite them either.

Aside from general douchery, the dude has ripped the current organization and coaching staff on completely misogynistic grounds. Why would they want him at their celebration? And how does people not liking you when you are assertively antagonistic towards them make you a victim?
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Whatever shred of sympathy I had for Huff (and mind you, it was a small shred) went away when he claimed this was a political issue because he's a Trump supporter. He either lied (most likely outcome) or is tragically delusional and/or mentally ill, ala Antonio Brown.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Whatever shred of sympathy I had for Huff (and mind you, it was a small shred) went away when he claimed this was a political issue because he's a Trump supporter. He either lied (most likely outcome) or is tragically delusional and/or mentally ill, ala Antonio Brown.
                                Yeah, if he was just a pro-trump, Praying for the President, Make America Great Again, Trade wars are great for the economy, No-collusion! tweeter, then he wouldn't be that popular in SF, but whatever, have a piece of cake. That's not what he's done though.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X