No announcement yet.

2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 bucks is stupid. in my defense, i really thought i had cancelled bid on Pillar and was surprised to see I had won him. I know in prior years i have left 50 bucks faab unused. 12 tm nl, i am ok with getting a full time hitter 15hr/15sb in beginning of april for nothing but funny faab bucks rather than fitz around with fungibles. but yea i am going to stick to 1 buck bids for a bit.

Comment

$28 out of $125 in my 10-team NL. I think that's reasonable for a solid starter in April. (I only bid 18 myself though.)
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Kevin Pillar's FAAB price in our 12-team NL only? 35 bucks.
        In ours, he went for $33. Considering people pay much more in FAAB for players traded from the AL in July, and those players have no hope of contributing the total counting stats that Pillar will generate over the next 24 weeks, I think it was a great buy and wish I had bid more.
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Tyler Austin is Farhan's latest pickup, ending the Connor Joe era for the time being.

Austin isn't really an OF so Belt moves to LF vs. a LHP tonight. If this is Austin's role, the biggest fantasy impact will be to cut into Posey's PAs a bit. Or Austin could be gone in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            35 bucks is stupid. in my defense, i really thought i had cancelled bid on Pillar and was surprised to see I had won him. I know in prior years i have left 50 bucks faab unused. 12 tm nl, i am ok with getting a full time hitter 15hr/15sb in beginning of april for nothing but funny faab bucks rather than fitz around with fungibles. but yea i am going to stick to 1 buck bids for a bit.
            At least he is head and shoulder above the dumb ass bid of $36 I spent last season on Holland.

Comment

this guy guy on twitter is pretty funny - https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/gi...bat-impression

we all did the Pops Stargell windup or the Joe Morgan elbow pump as kids

Comment

I did both - also the less-remembered Bobby Tolan!
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  I did both - also the less-remembered Bobby Tolan!
                  Of course. All of the big red machine

Comment

Pillar faab 35. Not sorry so far.

Comment

Pillar from April 8

AB 24 R 5 HR 4 RBI 12 SB 1 BA .250

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        Pillar from April 8

AB 24 R 5 HR 4 RBI 12 SB 1 BA .250
                        Lol. That’s when he was picked up for big FAAB in our league. Quite a run.

Comment

Giants pitcher Derek Holland says that the Giants forced him to fake an injury earlier this year. His career will be over in 3...2...1...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Giants pitcher Derek Holland says that the Giants forced him to fake an injury earlier this year. His career will be over in 3...2...1...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral
                            It is always good policy to blame others.

Comment

From the The San Francisco Chronicle:

“He had a finger issue that he had back in spring training,” Zaidi said. “It flared up. We got an MRI. He felt he could continue pitching. We felt it would be prudent to give him the time off. The decision was collaboratively made. We have extensive medical records of it.

“His use of the word ‘fake’ probably comes from him feeling he could continue to pitch with it. Players and the staff and front office people sometimes have differences of opinion when they should or shouldn’t play.”
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Smooth response by Zaidi.

Comment

Working...
                                X