No announcement yet.

2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No F bombs? Must be the "redacted" version.

Comment

Former first round pick Tyler Beede, in his first 9 games this year, had 28 BB in 37.2 IP.

Since adding an improved slider to his repertoire, the 26 year old RHP has 1 BB in 21.2 IP while winning 2 of 3 games. The no-decision came in his most recent start despite throwing 8 shutout innings vs the Mets.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Just picked up Beede this week. Hope it continues!

Comment

I'm thinking of dumping Posey $13 for Tony Wolters $1. It's a 12 team NL only, standard 5x5. With a $340 daily salary cap and daily transactions, it's getting tricky to fit under the cap. Is Posey toast? Will I miss much downgrading to Wolters? I see Dom Nunez hit a HR in his first game up last night... will Wolters get AB at 2B now as well as backup catcher?
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Can’t fault you for dumping Posey.

Comment

Posey has a valuable .271 xBA, so watch your AVG ranking.

cap issues, sure, but Wolters is fading (.224 xBA last 31 G) and hasn't ever started a G at 2B in his career (19 times a fill-in there) and has a pitiful 65 career OPS+.

it's a definite downgrade, but if you have AVG wiggle room you can mull the angles
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Pablo Sandoval will undergo Tommy John surgery.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This thread title was genius.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Bruce Bochy says he will retire after the 2019 season, which will be his 25th year as a manager. He currently has 1,926 wins and 3 World Series championships.
                    Bruce Bochy on Wednesday, became the 11th manager to reach 2,000 wins. He joins Connie Mack (3,731), John McGraw (2,763), Tony La Russa (2,728), Bobby Cox (2,504), Joe Torre (2,326), Sparky Anderson (2,194), Bucky Harris (2,158), Joe McCarthy (2,125), Walter Alston (2,040) and Leo Durocher (2,008), all of whom are in the Hall of Fame.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bochy also has 2,023 losses and became the 6th manager to reach 2,000 losses. He joins Mack (3,948), La Russa (2,365), Harris (2,219), Gene Mauch (2,037), and Cox (2,001), all of whom are in the Hall of Fame except Mauch.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Bochy also has 2,023 losses and became the 6th manager to reach 2,000 losses. He joins Mack (3,948), La Russa (2,365), Harris (2,219), Gene Mauch (2,037), and Cox (2,001), all of whom are in the Hall of Fame except Mauch.
                        Because Madison Bumgarner had to ride that dirt bike.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Craig Mish of FNTSY Sports Radio reports that Gabe Kapler is getting a second interview for the Giants' managerial vacancy. Astros bench coach Joe Espada is also expected to interview for the job after the completion of the World Series.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

ESPN's Jeff Passan reports that the Giants have hired Scott Harris as their new general manager.

Harris had been the Cubs' assistant GM after previously serving as their director of baseball operations. He will work alongside president of baseball operations Farhan Zaidi as the duo tries to guide the Giants through a rebuild.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And the Giants hire Gabe Kapler as their new manager.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh happy day.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X