2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Yeah, if he was just a pro-trump, Praying for the President, Make America Great Again, Trade wars are great for the economy, No-collusion! tweeter, then he wouldn't be that popular in SF, but whatever, have a piece of cake. That's not what he's done though.
    Absolutely agree.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Absolutely agree.
      Conversely it's somewhat telling to correlate your, women should shut up and make me a sandwich, and if they don't get with the program quick they need a good beat-down tweeting to just being supportive of the president.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Are the Giants sure that none of the still-invited players have ever beaten their wives?
        because "doing" seems a helluva lot more serious than "advocating.*" They run the risk of looking awfully stupid here.

DWIs, I have to think that's a disqualifier as well. are stupid tweets worse than being behind the wheel of a lethal weapon?

* - apparently he said even more offensive stuff yesterday, bolstering the Giants' argument.
        I'll bite.

YES.

Guys who've had DWIs are still fun at parties. They should be making sure someone calls them an Uber after, but as long as they don't imbibe and drive, invite them. Wife beaters can also come to the party, if they are not in jail or therapy where they should be. Spousal abuse is a terrible thing and I would certainly advocate for a rule that bans wife beaters from MLB forever, but this isn't that. This is a party and I don't see any reason why a guy who has been convicted of spousal abuse and has (or is currently) paid his debt to society, shouldn't be invited to a party. Here's a fine personal example: I have one brother who was in prison, currently on parole, and another brother that is a white supremacist. Guess which one is invited to Christmas and which one isn't.

I see what you're doing, Jude. Wife beating and DWIs ARE worse crimes than saying misogynistic bullshit repeatedly, unabashedly and unapologetically. However, this isn't a court we're talking about. This is a party. People that ruin parties with their odious ways, whatever they may be, should not expect to be invited to all of the parties.

Comment

• So, uh, is Tony Watson the closer? Is there anyone here worth drafting outside of Posey in a 2-catcher league?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            So, uh, is Tony Watson the closer? Is there anyone here worth drafting outside of Posey in a 2-catcher league?
            Dubon could be 15-15 which is valuable.

Comment

• Since Pablo Sandoval's normal shape is round, one could say he's in the best shape of his life.

Comment

• Nothing announced, but Bart's callup is imminent. I put a claim on him in my AFA league. This weekend might be your last chance to grab him as a FA uncontested.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Billy Hamilton traded to the Mets

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Nothing announced, but Bart's callup is imminent. I put a claim on him in my AFA league. This weekend might be your last chance to grab him as a FA uncontested.
                    Andrew Baggarly
                    @extrabaggs
                    Logan Webb will start for the Giants tonight. And no, Joey Bart will not catch him. Things can change, but for now, I'm hearing that Bart's promotion is nowhere near imminent. The Giants are not convinced that he is ready and believe they would be rushing him.
                    3:17 PM · Jul 31, 2020
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Andrew Baggarly
                      @extrabaggs
                      Logan Webb will start for the Giants tonight. And no, Joey Bart will not catch him. Things can change, but for now, I'm hearing that Bart's promotion is nowhere near imminent. The Giants are not convinced that he is ready and believe they would be rushing him.
                      3:17 PM · Jul 31, 2020
                      Yep, he went from progressing well and being very close to not being close.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• What’s with Solano? Seems to have turned a corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          What’s with Solano? Seems to have turned a corner.
                          .462 BABIP in a small sample will do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            .462 BABIP in a small sample will do that.
                            Hell, I'll ride the luck to Coors this week, but I think I'll get off the train after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Hell, I'll ride the luck to Coors this week, but I think I'll get off the train after that.
                              Same.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Same.
                                Picked him up in every league I could--just to have some fun for a while.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X